Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
To: 281st Bombardment Group Personal

Subject: Group and Squadron Patches

Gentlemen,
With the great inspiration of Mastermunster, see attached here, and our unit artist Pvi99th, see attached here, our groups tailor. Jasta6, has come up with designs for the unit patches. You will notice that the patches have squadron mottos in blue, these are purposed mottos but we are looking for your input as this is your group and your ideas are ALWAYS WELCOME!

The purposed patches are to follow below this notice. If you like the patch please give it a thumbs up. If you are disgusted with the artwork, please provide better art. Keep in mind though, if I disagree with your criticism the Group will fly four consecutive U-Boat missions with you as lead or tail end Charlie.

Once we have a consensus on the art and mottos I will revise the patches and repost them as official. Then you may use them for your own paper work as you see fit. Dang, maybe someone out there can make us all bombardier jackets for Christmas.

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Squadron Operation Officer
Elveden Hall, UK
3rd Bombardment Division HQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 281st Bombardment Group (V) rtwork & Patches
281st Bombardment Group Patch

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Elveden Hall, UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
151st Bomber Squadron

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Elveden Hall, UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
152nd Bomber Squadron

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Elveden Hall, UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
153rd Bomber Squadron

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Elveden Hall, UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
154th Bomber Squadron

Major Chase Pfalzstaff
Elveden Hall, UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rose
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I joined up for this on-line tour, I never imagined that there would be such great additional details in AAR's and now patches for each squadron.

Excellent work Jim and thanks to all for making this a great group to be in!!

Since I'm in the 151st, that's the only one I gave a thumbs up to, but think they ALL look great! (Not just saying that to avoid the consecutive U-Boat target assignment either, since that's what it feels like I've pulled anyway with my crews.....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
All the same we take our chances, tricked by circumstances.
mbmbmbmbmb
aerogoose wrote:
When I joined up for this on-line tour, I never imagined that there would be such great additional details in AAR's and now patches for each squadron.

Since I'm in the 151st, that's the only one I gave a thumbs up to, but think they ALL look great! (Not just saying that to avoid the consecutive U-Boat target assignment either, since that's what it feels like I've pulled anyway with my crews.....)

Here! Here! And a thumbs up to all! Great work Jim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aerogoose wrote:

Aerogoose,

From a founding member of the 281st BG, thank you for the gracious compliment. I have been toying with the idea of patches before and their introduction in Mission 46 got me thinking and planning again. Many thanks to mastermunster and pvi99th for re-sparking the fire in my soul to make it happen. I had other ideas going but mastermunster's great logo seemed to fit much better. I truly hope everyone enjoys them!!

Jim P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Dang, maybe someone out there can make us all bombardier jackets for Christmas.

At the rate our missions are going, there won't be anybody left by Easter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 152nd Squadron Patch

Very appropriate considering I've had several bombers in this squadron go down in flames...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Outstanding, simply outstanding. And I'm not saying that just because I want a few St. Omer missions !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
i 'm speechless, congrats to all the fellows. My heart is with the 151st but the 153rd's logo -i believe- is the best of all in the BG.
You 're full of suprises, keep these dices rolling ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McDonald
United States
Big Island
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could contribute! Have to say you and pvi99th sure improved my original design for the 153rd and did a heck of a job on the other squadrons. Think everyone's already said what I had to say, but please, can't we have just one St. Omer mission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.