United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread, Planet Smasher recommended the following variant:

PlanetSmasher wrote:

I highly recommend using the “1 more farms than the number of players” variant at all times. This variant will increase how often players chose the same color farm. For this variant, only place out the number of farms equal to one more than the number of players. Remove all the cards for the colors not being used from the deck, and place them and the unused farm tiles back in the box.

I thought I'd post it here to make the idea more accessible for folks searching for variants.

Original thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142156/pick-picknic-not-...

I call this a "four player variant" in the subject heading, since with 5 or 6 players there would still be the full six boards on the table, which of course would not be a variant.

I suppose it would be possible to do this as a 2 player or 3 player variant too (and have 3 and 4 boards out, respectively), with each player still playing just one card (unlike the two cards per turn, as the original rules call for in a 2 or 3 player game). Not sure how well this would work, but maybe it's worth a try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniël Muilwijk
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend using the "as many farms as there are players" variant at all times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah right, so this is a distinct variant from the one I mentioned, right? That is, the variant I mention is "boards = number of players + 1" whereas you're proposing "boards = number of players."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniël Muilwijk
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed. But I haven't tested your version though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.