Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Exodus Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sympathetic cylon and PG cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Sympathetic Cylon has PGs and they're unresolved at the end of the game, then the resources printed on them will only be deducted if the Sympathetic Cylon was infiltrating at the time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Of course this assumes you are not using the rule from Pegasus that Cylons pass their other loyalty cards to another player when they reveal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sympathetic Cylon could get the goal from crossroads or the Baltar ally.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO the sympathetic Cylon should be treated like a Cylon Leader and therefore ignore any game effects that make him draw a loyalty card.

This means the symp Cylon can never have a PG. Which makes sense because he already has a personal agenda.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
Yes. Of course this assumes you are not using the rule from Pegasus that Cylons pass their other loyalty cards to another player when they reveal.

You can do that? I assumed that if you're playing with the Sympathetic Cylon (from Pegasus) that you would also be using that part of the rules (from Pegasus) about handing off loyalty cards. Only odd case I can think of is the Symp-Cylon card does NOT get dealt during the sleeper phase because it's the only card that's left in the deck of undealt loyalty cards. By the time it gets dealt out, you're at 7 or more distance and the FAQ/Errata states that it's too late for the "hand-off" to happen.



umbaci wrote:
IMO the sympathetic Cylon should be treated like a Cylon Leader and therefore ignore any game effects that make him draw a loyalty card.

This means the symp Cylon can never have a PG. Which makes sense because he already has a personal agenda.
Now there's an "asker".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Only odd case I can think of is the Symp-Cylon card does NOT get dealt during the sleeper phase because it's the only card that's left in the deck of undealt loyalty cards. By the time it gets dealt out, you're at 7 or more distance and the FAQ/Errata states that it's too late for the "hand-off" to happen.


In this case I would suggest to swap the remaining symp-Cylon card for the old Sympathizer, because it's no fun to get an agenda at distance 7.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
umbaci wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Only odd case I can think of is the Symp-Cylon card does NOT get dealt during the sleeper phase because it's the only card that's left in the deck of undealt loyalty cards. By the time it gets dealt out, you're at 7 or more distance and the FAQ/Errata states that it's too late for the "hand-off" to happen.


In this case I would suggest to swap the remaining symp-Cylon card for the old Sympathizer, because it's no fun to get an agenda at distance 7.
hmmm, interesting thing I've noticed is this is akin to getting the Cylon-Symp well before the sleeper phase. Some, even the person who just got that card and end up on the winning team has qualms about the humans not being able to make a good faith attempt to get the sympathizer on their side.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
--Can a Sympathetic Cylon be handed off loyalty cards? On one hand, it seems he now plays like a Cylon Leader, but on the other hand, he still follows some characteristics of a revealed cylon (no special abilities, draw 2 different skill cards during the reveal skill cards step).
--if a human player receives the Sympathetic Cylon card, he still follows the steps for a human player who reveals (passes all of his unrevealed loyalty cards to another human player, discards down to 3 skill cards, gets moved to the Ressurection Ship location, but the Sympath etic Cylon card does state he does NOT receive a super crisis card)?






A: Any player who has an agenda may not have Loyalty Cards passed off to him. As you described, when a player receives the Sympathetic Cylon card, he must immediately reveal the card and follow all the normal steps for revealing as a Cylon with the exception that he does not receive a Super Crisis. Additionally he gains a Sympathetic Agenda and the Infiltration Reference Card.


Q: Follow up to the first question asked about Pegasus above.... if a Sympathetic Cylon is NOT supposed to have loyalty cards, then what happens in the rare case that a player receives that card after distance is 7 or more and THEN he receives that card (that player got executed, and as per Exodus' new rules about loyalty cards, he then receives the Smpathetic Cylon card)?
A: In the case where a player receives a You Are a Sympathetic Cylon Loyalty Card after distance 7, it is resolved normally. As you say, it is extremely rare for such a case to happen.


Q: If a Sympathetic Cylon (can have loyalty cards and) has unrevealed Personal Goals, are the resources on them lost only if that symp-cylon is infiltrating at the time the game ends?
A: If a Sympathetic Cylon is infiltrating at the end of the game and still has one or more unrevealed Personal Goal cards, resources are lost as they would be for any other human player. If he is not infiltrating, he is a Cylon player and no resources are lost.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.