Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Christiansen
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
From the rulebook, I presume that most of the special locations are activated once only, which is when you place them the first time. Anything that says "the player immediately..." such as Loch Lochy (which specifies this is so) and all the other "immediate" ones including Loch Shiel, Loch Oich, etc.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phos wrote:
From the rulebook, I presume that most of the special locations are activated once only, which is when you place them the first time. Anything that says "the player immediately..." such as Loch Lochy (which specifies this is so) and all the other "immediate" ones including Loch Shiel, Loch Oich, etc.

Am I right?

Yes. Iona can be activated repeatedly as a production space, and Ness gives you an extra activation per turn. Otherwise the special cards are placement benefits.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, immediately = once only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KK Su
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
phos wrote:

Am I right?

Yes. Iona can be activated repeatedly as a production space, and Ness gives you an extra activation per turn. Otherwise the special cards are placement benefits.

B>

And all Castles have the 'Move meeple' activation ability which triggers every time it is activated. But otherwise, all the special stuff like 'Get an extra meeple', or 'Get +3 coins', or 'Get +2 Barrels' only happen once after you place it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that too. It's worth reading all the way through the tile types descriptions in the rules (or at least in the German/translated rules. I don't know about the RGG ones)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Rio Grande rules still have that section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.