B Mendez
United States
Eau Claire
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It has the rules. Is there a way to go with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've got the rules, go ahead and read them. Then play. (It won't bite. ) On the last page of the rules are some recommended sets to start with. Try the "First Game" set for your first game. It's a good intro. Come back here and post questions if you hit any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As far as I can remember the rulebook has a listing of contents. I'd go through your cards and verify which ones you have. One thing this game has going for it (particularly applicable to your situation) is that you only play with about half the cards in any given game. So even if you're missing a few, you still shouldn't have any trouble getting a game going.

As has been said already- read through the rules, decide which decks you want to play with (the "starter" set up is probably your best choice, assuming you have all of them) and just start playing. It's a very easy game to learn, and tons of fun. My first two games were two-player. We took about 35 minutes on the first as we tried to absorb the new rules. By the end of that game we were pretty much flying through the rounds, and our second game took about 15 minutes.

Let us know how it goes. By the way, just out of curiosity, how much did you pay? Not that it's any of my business really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Mendez
United States
Eau Claire
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. Will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Cole
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would agree... Play! Use the rules and the first game suggestion found there in the rules to play a couple of games. Dominion is one of those games that once you get the turn flow / mechanic down it becomes second nature. One thing I really enjoy about it is that the game is simple to pick up and then becomes more about strategy and card combos than about the step by step mechanics. If you find you like it then I'm sure there are several resources here on the geek to make up for a lack of storage. First thing I think I would do is go through the rules and check the contents to make sure that you have all the cards / pieces. Then I would look at tuckboxes or some storage. Other than that you're all set! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually there are a bunch of very good videos right here on the Geek that give you the basis of how the game is played. Watch a couple of those and see how it's played. Then use the rules (or the forum) to answer any further questions you have. I still say reading the rules is best but you may get away with not reading the rules this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy an expansion before you are bored of the initial set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Mendez
United States
Eau Claire
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
How could I post an offer to buy a used original Dominion box for my game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
basm22 wrote:

If you end up buying the expansions, you'll have enough boxes, methinks. I can understanding wanting the box for as a completionist myself, however... There might be someone out there willing to part with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
basm22 wrote:

Here's a link to the spare parts resource list:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/62260/2011-spare-parts-res...
You can go there and post a request under the listing for Dominion. Make sure you follow the rules for posting requests.

Or you could try posting a new general thread on the game page itself. Frankly though, I'm a little skeptical that anyone who owns the game is going to be willing to get rid of just the box. Then again, you never know what kinds of crazy things you might find lurking in people's collections. All I know for sure is that I, for one, would be hard pressed to think of a good reason to part with just the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
Frankly though, I'm a little skeptical that anyone who owns the game is going to be willing to get rid of just the box.
Actually, for Dominion, that could be fairly common. seems like a lot of people make custom boxes to hold all the cards from all the expansions, so they might not care about the original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.