Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Hex Hex» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
(The sound of non-descript intro music)

"Good evening I'm Roger Neusome and this is channel 42 news at noon. Our top story five people found dead gathered around a kitchen table, all were apparently a part of a cult. It is not presently known if others were involved, we take you now to Sarah Tuckman reporting live from the scene."

"Thanks Roger, this is Sarah Tuckman and I'm outside the apartment here in Gainesville Florida where this tragic game of death unfolded. Details are sketchy at best as to what transpired but from what police tell us there are indeed five victims 3 males and 2 females. I spoke earlier with Deputy Wannadonut who confirmed that the bodies were all found seated at the kitchen table with some sort of summoning device, I'm really not...hold on a minute something's happening...someone is running up towards the house. I'm going to see if I can get in close."

(A young man panting runs towards the open front door of the apartment only to be intercepted by Deputy Kruller.)

"Hold up there young man, you can't go in there."

"Those are my friends in there, I have to help them."

"Hang on a minute, let's just calm down and talk this over a bit..."

(Whispering)

"Roger, I've got a good vantage point here and as long as the police don't see me I should be able to get all of this conversation, let the station manager know we are going to report this live and in it's entirety, cancel all station breaks." (and even quieter but still slightly audible) "Here comes my Emmy!"

"...they were there playing a game, I can't remember exactly...'

"You were here tonight son?"

"Yeah, I was but I hadn't played the game so I just sat out, figured I'd play next time."

"Mmmmm Hmmm go on."

"Well the game belonged to Morgan"

"He's the head of the cult then?"

"What!?!"

"Nothing go ahead."

"Well he brought it out and began to deal the cards, everyone got their five and began playing. Next thing I know hexes are being thrown around, and detonated and ...."

"HEY! What are you doing there!"

"Roger it looks like I've been spotted and going to be run off with the rest of the press. We will just have to wait for a press release."

"Thanks Sarah good work out there. Well on a lighter note..."

(About 10 minutes later)

"Sorry to interrupt you Sam, but we've got a breaking news from Sarah Tuckman outside the apartment, the site of the tragic cult deaths last night, Sarah what's the situation now?"

"Thanks Roger, we have been informed that Sgt. Bavarian will giving us a press release very soon."

"Ladies and gentleman can I have your attention. I'm Sgt. C. Bavarian of GPD. It appears that the events that took place were indeed some sort of cult actions as hexing materials were found all around. The victims were name Marshall, Morgan, Paul, Christi and Jennifer. What we have determined from forensic evidence and eye witness accounts is...quite bizarre indeed. Apparently these assumed friends began to dabble in the dark arts and were busy throwing hexes around at each other. This all started innocently enough and each victim was given the same amount of what is being called "voice" in this deadly game. We are not sure if this is a phenomenon we can expect to see more of in the future or not. I'll take a few questions now...ummm you."

"Thank you sir, Paul Blabber channel 12 public access, is apparent who the first victim was?"

"Yes it from the evidence on hand it was Morgan who was quickly targeted first. His voice rating card indicated that at the end of the ordeal he only had 1. Marshall apparently took quite a beating as well before a hex was detonated upon him leaving him with only 1 voice as well. Jennifer and Lee both fell victim to what is being called a 'Hex Hex' as they were the slow to react in these cases and lowered their voices tremendously. Jennifer had a voice of 5 while Lee only managed a voice of 2. An eyewitness has told us however there was another person involved by the name of Neil, who we are presently looking for. We believe his voice card would have been the one that displayed a rating of 8. The scene is one of savage brutality like none I've witnessed in over 20 years on the force. You in the back."

"Yes sir, Virginia Long, Gainesville Mullet Wrapper, You said you are not sure if these event will continue or not, does that mean there is evidence that we might see this happening again?"

"Sadly yes. Next to the chair we believe to be occupied by this Neil was a slip of paper that was numbered. Each number had a sentence next to it written in different colors of ink. There were only a few sentences however the last entry was written using a the same pen we found next to the paper. The sentence read 'All players with a voice of 1 must stand to play until their voice rating is changed from 1.' We believe this is in direct result of two of the victims having had 1's and assume that at least one of them was at this rating for quite some time. One more, you. It is interesting to note that right above that the sentence says 'Any player caught scratching will lose 1 voice point.' After further investigation Lee, Morgan and Paul all were found to have red welts on them as they work in a fireant research facility at the University of Florida. This was definitely targeted at them at some point."

"Thank you, Sarah Tuckman channel 42 news. *wink* Can you give us an idea of how things went in there or it too early to tell."

"Well the eye witness is unreliable as he states he was ordering a pizza and watching TV for most of the ceremony but what is obvious is that Paul tended to force others to discard cards frequently and even duplicated a hex once deflecting it to both Jennifer and Neil. This might explain the level violence placed on him as well. It appears Jennifer was troubled with feeding a baby which slowed her reaction time to the Hex Hex, Christi played mildly but managed to keep hexes off herself easily enough. Morgan was never really given a chance to get his feet under him and Marshall looked to have been aggressive and aggressively attacked for it, tossing hexes across the board to Lee who quickly put them right back time and time again. Still the most cunning must have been Neil who seemed to be able to make alliances and yet not make enemies. No hexes at all managed to stick to him yes he successfully stuck hexes across the table to Lee, and to his right on Paul, and even managed a detonate on Morgan and the Hex Hex that caught Jennifer off guard. That's all for now."

"Well there you have it Roger, until police find this Neil..."

"One other thing before you all go. Despite the level of violence inflicted from these hexes exploding and settling in on the victims, they were all found with literal grins on their faces and their eyes glazed over with enjoyment."

"I think that says it all, Sarah Tuckman, channel 42 news. Back to you Roger."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Hi Neil!

Very nice SR, I chose it to be one of the winners this week of my Excellence in Session Report Writing Award. See this geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
ValJor (#479060),
Right on! I apprecaite it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos. Very well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.