Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Milanovich
United States
Glendale Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done some searches and have come up with nothing so far. This should be an easy one, at least.

Most forums have a "new posts" option that shows you the latest posts since your last visit. Does BGG have anything like that? I've seen the Recent option, but that seems unorganized and not quite the same.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get a list of new things if you have subscribed to something.
You can subscribe to a whole forum, e.g. the BGG General forum, a single game, a single thread, etc.
These items will show up in the top left, e.g. "12 new", which links to your subscriptions page.
You are probably already subscribed to this thread you created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there IS a place where all the recent posts of the main forums are bundled:
1. go here: /thread/browse/region/1?sort=recent
2. or click on "forums" in the lower menu of the top header of every page, and then select "recent"

and then there are all the other forums: subdomains, games, publishers, designers,... for those: just select the forums you want to follow, and subscribe to them using the "subscribe" link just under the name of the forum in the forum's view of threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
rmilanov wrote:
Most forums have a "new posts" option that shows you the latest posts since your last visit. Does BGG have anything like that? I've seen the Recent option, but that seems unorganized and not quite the same.

The thing is that BGG has a large number of forums - if you were to see a list of all posts made since your last visit it would be so many as to be worse than trying to figure it out as you are doing now. And I am guessing that trying to track when every user last looked at every individual forum would be a nightmare to code - especially since there are so many ways into some of the forums (from a game page, designer page, front page, etc, etc).

As Thomas said, the system provided to do this is subscriptions - when you view a forum/list/game/whatever that you are interested in seeing new posts for you can subscribe to it, and then get a consolidated list of new stuff that you know you are interested in, across all areas of the site.

And the tools for managing subscriptions allow a good degree of control - whether you want to see just new threads or replies as well; whether for a game you want to see forum posts, images, blog entries etc etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.