Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First let me say that I plan to buy this game when/if it gets to the USA with whatever theme they have attached. I just hope the theme changes by then.

From what I can tell the game probably had a russian roulette theme to begin with. I totally understand why that theme was ditched and this was a tamer adaptation. That being said, "The Biker Game" theme is original but also kind of dumb.

This brings me to my question;

If you could buy this game with any theme what would it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids Game:
3 bunnies and 1 skunk for each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Culinary/Chef theme:
3 fresh ingredients and 1 rotten ingredient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Plungin' or Adventuring

Three treasures, one skull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirates / Mutiny

Rum / Bones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids Mice

Cheese / Trap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race game:
3 turbo cards and 1 wreck card for each player.

Object= be the first to complete 2 laps around a 15 space race track.

Game would play similarly to the original S&R except your car would advance on the race track 1 space for each turbo you uncovered before picking up a wreck card. Uncovering a wreck card would require you to discard one of your cards like in the original S&R.

If you make your bid you advance one full lap (if you were on space 6 you'd go all the way around, get a lap marker and end back on space 6).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really bad but quite funny.

Bar Scoring.

Three beauties, one ugly.

Pretty much you find out once the beer goggles wear off. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
This is really bad but quite funny.

Bar Scoring.

Three beauties, one ugly.

Pretty much you find out once the beer goggles wear off. laugh

Hah! Funny one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Football 2v2 or 3v3 game:

3 advance cards, 1 tackle card per player

Win by scoring a touchdown.

football starts on the 50 yard line and advances towards a player's goal in 5 yard increments for each advance card uncovered.

If a player makes their bid they advance an additional 20 yards.

If a player is tackled they stop advancing and they have to discard a card from the game representing an injury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Political game

3 vote cards, 1 veto card. Could be coupled with voting for/against rules modifiers like in Democrazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max raymond
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do it with bar coasters. Each player would have a different kind of beer.

The skull would be something like a bar fight, a police arrest or vomiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tournedisque wrote:
I would do it with bar coasters. Each player would have a different kind of beer.

The skull would be something like a bar fight, a police arrest or vomiting.

That is a GREAT idea... but I would just pick the worst beer! Or for added fun, I'd deem whoever's beer I'm playing against to be the "bad" beer.

"Oh no, how many Dos Equis can we get before a Sam Adams comes up?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WWI or WWII or Korean War...pick your war
Safe: open ground or picturesque countryside
Fail: exploding land mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Troll game:
3 Flames
1 Ban!

The Console Hacker game:
3 Exploits exposed
1 FBI raid

The Pac-Man game:
3 Dots
1 Phantom

The Wolf game:
3 Sheep
1 Shepherd with rifle

etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollyhock wrote:

The Pac-Man game:
3 Dots
1 Phantom

That's awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cold War Espionage
3 Government assets (scientists, informants and politicians who need to be protected)

1 Secret Agent (CIA, KGB, MI6, etc).

If you uncover an opponent's agent your team is detained and you must choose one person to go to jail (Choose one of your cards to exit the game)

If you turn over your own agent you discover that they are actually a double agent traitor who've compromised your country's security. This chaos forces you to discard a card at random from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstable I'm french, and I already have purchased my copies of the game, with its biker theme (yep : copies, two of them in order to play up to twelve).

I'm not myself very fond of the "biker" principle, but it allowed the game to have great artworks. They're original, and very convenient also : by being very heavily garnished, they will conceal the traces of ageing of the components, which is very important in this kind of game.
If you like it too, don't forget to go and have a look at its artist's blog, Rose Kipik ("rose qui pique" means "stinging rose").

Therefore I like the components the way they are, except for the "Werewolves" pun, because I don't think it suits well with the other pictures (and also because I don't like this particular game, although I think it is a great one)

But even if I like the components the way they are, I also like the idea to brainstorm other ideas for it

So let's play "What if ?"

- Juggling : 3 juggling men, 1 guy on the floor with the balls falling over him.

- Ice skating : 3 nice moves, and 1 fall

- Bomb : 3 continuing burning fuses, 1 explosion

- Deep diving : 3 corals, 1 tentacled beast (or a shark). Auctions are for going the deeper.

- Out Run video game : 3 "Extended play!" (with the car and the nice girl, hair flowing with the speed), 1 "Game over" (with the car stopped and the girl hitting the driver). Auctions are for going the farther.

- Star Wars characters version: The six card sets would be Luke, Leïa, Han Solo, Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, and the two droïds together. The items : 3 ewoks and 1 Darth Vader.

- Star Wars space battle version : X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, B-wing, Millenium Falcon and a Nebulon-B frigate for the sets, and 3 cards with the corresponding ship blasting a tie fighter, and 1 Imperial Destroyer all guns firing in our direction for the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Kohut
United States
military/mobile
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Three Vegas showgirls--one Charlie Sheen.

Three diamond bracelets--one Lindsay Lohan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthulgan wrote:
Hollyhock wrote:

The Pac-Man game:
3 Dots
1 Phantom

That's awesome!

Crafting this game is super easy. I showed the game to my group using this "Pac-Man" arrange, and it was a blast. Last week I was absent, and they managed to keep playing using UNO cards. I suppose we'll buy the original game for our club as soon as it hits our local retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, the biker theme isn't any dumber than half the themes out there already. At least it's something a little different. I'd rather see this theme then another stupid zombie themed game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Kohut
United States
military/mobile
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
remus wrote:
IMO, the biker theme isn't any dumber than half the themes out there already. At least it's something a little different. I'd rather see this theme then another stupid zombie themed game.

Ooo-o-o-o! Zombies! Good idea.

I re-theme a lot of games to mythology, superheroes, and (sorry) zombies. But I guess zombies has probably reached its saturation limit. I still think the best zombie game ever is the old print-and-play ZOMBIE PLAGUE.

Anyway, back to Skull and Roses. When a new superhero movie comes out, I usually get all excited with anticipation--the anticipation always being much more exciting than eventually seeing the actual movie. I had been looking forward to the THOR movie--superheroes AND mythology! The movie was good--special effects and all--but, as usual, after two hours it was over and after two more hours the plot was pretty much forgotten. But the two months before the movie's release were fun. I downloaded the rules to a couple of print-and-play Norse mythology games-- ROGNAROK:AESIR VS. JOTUNN and CHAINS OF FENRIR. Made some nice pieces with Thor comic book pictures. Rethemed Knizia's BATTLE FOR OLYMPUS to Norse gods. Rethemed a really old PHALANX game changing the Hoplites, etc. to Norse gods. Dug out MIDGARD, VIKINGS, and VINETA and KNIZIA'S THOR from my collection and had a Norse game marathon for those two months leading up to the THOR movie. A lot of fun.

Oh, yeah, bact to Skull and Roses again. Using the comic book pictures and 2 1/2 inch pressboard disks, I replaced the Skulls with either Surtur (the fire guy that destroyed everything on Ragnarok), some fire demon or just a bunch of flames. For the Roses instead of having all the other disks be all the same, each of the other players 3 disks' would be a different Norse character--Thor, Tyr, Balder, Sif, Loki, frost giants, the Warriors Three. For scoring markers I used smaller disks with a picture of Thor's hammer. Each player got to "BE" a Norse character which sucks the player more into the game than just the generic roses. We had a lot of fun with it. It's a good game.

P.S. Did anybody else think that Natalie Portman was a little miscast as Thor's (sort of) earth-female interest? No offense to short people, but I thought she came across as a little girl. Maybe somebody taller would have been more compatible with Chris Chemsworth's height. And Volstagg should have been fatter. I know, I know...everybody's a critic. I apologize in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this for my kids. We were searching for buried treasure. There were 3 treasures and 1 skull-n-bones. I used the pictures of the pirates from 'Loot', among others, for the back sides. Choosing the right pirate is now a very important part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.