Subject: Rumour/Encounter/Dungeon Boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S C
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Are they automatically upgraded at each different game stage? We assume that they do because it makes no sense for a Rumour/Legendary Area boss to somehow be a weakling copper level adversary while the heroes are all equipped with Gold level equipment. wow

.. but is it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are only upgraded if the OL buys the upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jastin wrote:
They are only upgraded if the OL buys the upgrades.

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Oh then is it really necessary to keep all 3 categories upgraded? I was thinking of doing Platinum Humanoid, Gold Beast, and Silver Eldritch, 3x Spawn treachery, 2x Event treachery, then dump the rest into Avatar(Titan) Upgrades. Maybe I should downgrade Beast by one level to boost Eldritch on par with everything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Finnerty
United States
Troy
Missouri
flag msg tools
It all depends on your style of play. IMO, Eldritch give the biggest increase in power from level to level, often having abilities that scale (pierce and sorcery). But if you are playing to the Titan's strengths, then humanoid and beast upgrades work, since he has a couple of upgrades that affect giants and ogres, if I remember correctly. Plus, eldritch is the Titan's most expensive creature upgrade. I personally love platinum dark priests, but I like getting extra threat and having ranged attackers. There is something to be said for a horde of platinum kobolds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
playtowin wrote:
There is something to be said for a horde of platinum kobolds!

expensive cannon fodder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
playtowin wrote:
There is something to be said for a horde of platinum kobolds!

expensive cannon fodder?

Err, no. The something to be said is "OMG, run!"

Kobold Horde
6x 16W3A Mv4 RGY Swarm
3x 17W4A Mv4 RGYAu Swarm, Trickster 2

With RGY base dice, swarm and Master Au dice adding up massively they can cream a party of heroes they catch unawares. They are also generally tough enough to avoid being one-shotted by most AoE weapons and also tough for any weaker heroes who are built for running/support (and often only do 10-15 dps at best).
Sure, combat focused gold heroes will one shot them most of the time, but there are 9 of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.