Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that you can divide zombie casualties among your military units as you see fit, I and my friends always play that two military units can destroy a single zombie token without casualties (each in effect taking 50% of the token onto itself). I believe this is consistent with the rules, but was wondering what everyone else does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Wilson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While this is conceptually interesting and may provide a needed boost to an early-game military strategy, I don't think it's consistent with the rules, and it has other emergent problems as well.

I'll grant you that this scenario is unlikely, but couldn't you use exactly the same reasoning (fractional zombie accounting) to say that your ten military units can take out nine zombies without incurring a single casualty? After all, each unit only fought 0.9 zombies...

What I'm driving at is that as long as you accept fractional accounting and have a military force that outnumbers the zombie horde by at least 1, you never lose units. That can't be what the designer intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not used to this level of rule-exploitation, I guess. The thought of going more than 2 tanks vs. 1 zombie never even crossed my mind. Hm.

On the plus side, no one from our group ever has brought it up either in a couple of plays. Maybe there has to be a limit, and it should be at 1 or 1/2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 'zombie unit' destroys 1 defense value of 'military unit'. So 1 basic military unit vs 1 zombie unit results in both being destroyed. A military unit with a defense value of 2 destroys 1 zombie unit and it's defense value is temporarily lowered by 1 (repairs to 2 defense at start of next turn). Therefore if it enters combat with a second zombie unit that turn both the zombie and military unit is destroyed. Whereas two military units with a defense of 1 each vs 1 zombie unit results in the loss of the zombie unit and 1 military unit.

Zombie and military units aren't meant to literally represent specific numbers, but rather strength if that makes sense. Same with an area's Population; it does not represent just the actual population count but rather the infrastructure of a region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.