Subject: good book on the cuban revolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Proudly annoying Capitalists since 1959
Cuba
Santa Clara
flag msg tools
badge
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Can anyone point in a good direction for a book on the cuban revolution and operations during the 1958-1959 period?

I mostly looking for the movements the "rebels" made and what political methods they used to yield popular support.

Cheers, Haring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haring wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone point in a good direction for a book on the cuban revolution and operations during the 1958-1959 period?

I mostly looking for the movements the "rebels" made and what political methods they used to yield popular support.

Cheers, Haring

The only one I've read is-

it is interesting, if one-sided.

Edit- this picture is too small to read well. The title is Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War by Che Guevara
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Bendixen
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
I've not read it personally, but my library nerd resources recommended this book highly :

Contesting Castro : The United States and the Triumph of the Cuban Revolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The book you want is War of the Flea by Robert Tabor. The best view on the Revolution and one of the best books on guerilla thought ever published.

Seriously, I cannot recommend this one highly enough. His take on "Revolutionary Thought" is still valid today, and he was an eyewitness to it all.

Diis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proudly annoying Capitalists since 1959
Cuba
Santa Clara
flag msg tools
badge
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will investigate them and see if anything links up with the things I'm looking for.

While browsing Amazon I also found this book http://www.amazon.com/Cuban-Revolution-Origins-Course-Legacy...

Did anybody read that?

Thanks
Cheers, Haring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.