Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased Outrider back in January and have just started constructing it now.
The game seems fantastic, with some really nice components and a comprehensive battle system. I have yet to play it, but reading through the rules a couple of times makes me believe it will give my players a fun time of vehicle mayhem.

What has me a little worried, is the lack of replayability there is at the moment.

There is only one scenario included with the rules. Although I am sure that creating scenarios would not be difficult, for a pdf game that costs around $10 I would have expected a couple more to be included (even if they were just variations of the same theme.)

I can also get by with only four types of car but a second color scheme for each would have been nice to increase the choices available.

Perusing BGG and Dicefestgames.com I can see there are plans for many additions and expansions to this game (and I am looking forward to them all!)
BUT . . .
Might I suggest you round out the vehicles by including a second set in a different color (or if feeling adventurous include card versions of the Renegade, Tailgunner, Raider and Trailblazer).
Also supply a few more scenarios so the game seems more complete and players have some variety.

I know time can be precious but I really feel these are two potential problems that need addressing sooner rather than later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Card art versions of the four expansion vehicles are coming. The idea for recolored versions is brilliant (making note).

There will be scenarios here soon, as well as on the store fronts. I was originally going to package scenarios with terrain - but the terrain is a becoming a bog and is preventing great material from getting to the players. Add to that all the development on expansion rules and gear ... but you're right: I need to stop a reprioritize a bit - I should focus a little more on supporting the game at present and a little less on the game to come.

thanks for the kick in the rear

On the subject of scenarios - I was thinking of crafting a scenario design contest of sorts, but I don't think we have enough followers yet ... hmmmm

-G

ShaunGamer wrote:
I purchased Outrider back in January and have just started constructing it now.
The game seems fantastic, with some really nice components and a comprehensive battle system. I have yet to play it, but reading through the rules a couple of times makes me believe it will give my players a fun time of vehicle mayhem.

What has me a little worried, is the lack of replayability there is at the moment.

There is only one scenario included with the rules. Although I am sure that creating scenarios would not be difficult, for a pdf game that costs around $10 I would have expected a couple more to be included (even if they were just variations of the same theme.)

I can also get by with only four types of car but a second color scheme for each would have been nice to increase the choices available.

Perusing BGG and Dicefestgames.com I can see there are plans for many additions and expansions to this game (and I am looking forward to them all!)
BUT . . .
Might I suggest you round out the vehicles by including a second set in a different color (or if feeling adventurous include card versions of the Renegade, Tailgunner, Raider and Trailblazer).
Also supply a few more scenarios so the game seems more complete and players have some variety.

I know time can be precious but I really feel these are two potential problems that need addressing sooner rather than later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holyoak
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
Designer Wannabe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've got your own cars (Hot Wheels, etc.) you can download the blank bases from the files section.
There's 8 different vehicle options there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have posted 2 roadblock variants in the 'variants' forum. Both of these scenarios (3 player and 6 player) use components from the basic scenario - although you will need to print some duplicate tiles/vehicles for some of them

I hope you enjoy them

-G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the extras!

I have now played two games of the standard scenario (could only find one extra player!) and really enjoyed the speed and outcomes of the game.
Although the vehicle design is slightly abstract, all the choices are important and have a bearing on the game. There are no meaningless options here, included just for fluff.

Game play is simple and quick. There is no getting bogged down in calculations, modifiers or measurements.

Needless to say I will be shopping for some vehicles to pimp my copy of Outrider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.