Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks a little better, artwork-wise, than Monsters Ravage America, but I'm waiting to hear opinions of genuine fans before I throw down my ever-more-limited $$$...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michigan, eh (According to your profile)? Anybody see it out here in Southern California? I love the theme so I'm definitely buying it when it shows up. If it's broken I'll just try to fix it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
OK, here's my shame-faced admission of the day.

What does FLGS stand for?

I know what it is, a game store. I assume that is what the "GS" stands for. Please clue me in.

Signed,
Clueless in Alaska

Friendly Local Game Store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
Michigan, eh (According to your profile)? Anybody see it out here in Southern California? I love the theme so I'm definitely buying it when it shows up. If it's broken I'll just try to fix it

The actual on sale date is tomorrow, so FLGS are supposed to keep their copies behind the counter until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game is anything like the original it's going to be pretty disappointing. On your turn you move a monster, maybe you attack something or get a power up for smashing a city. Then you move your branch of the armed forces to attack a different monster. (Combat is all dice rolling). At the end the two strongest monsters fight each other. It wasn't that exciting, if I had to explain whay I guess you could say it is missing the agonizing decisions that build tension (which could be why the game is only 5.75 in the ratings). I do think the plastic monsters are pretty snazzy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Saamanen
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzix wrote:
If the game is anything like the original it's going to be pretty disappointing. On your turn you move a monster, maybe you attack something or get a power up for smashing a city. Then you move your branch of the armed forces to attack a different monster. (Combat is all dice rolling). At the end the two strongest monsters fight each other. It wasn't that exciting, if I had to explain whay I guess you could say it is missing the agonizing decisions that build tension (which could be why the game is only 5.75 in the ratings). I do think the plastic monsters are pretty snazzy.

Online demo is up at Avalon Hill's page. Looks exactly like what you're describing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had high hopes for this one.. the idea of rampaging a mutated monster across the US battling other monsters and fending off the armed forces sounds like my idea of a fun day...

oh well, plenty of other games coming out that I can put on my must-buy list if this one does turn out to be a bit lacking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.