Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Yomi» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeving Yomi with Ultra-Pro: will the "flashy dot" overlap the stats? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of buying the P&P version of Yomi.

The only quality card sleeves I can buy locally are the solid Ultra-Pro sleeves. They are great to build most of my P&P games, but they have a problem: they have a "flashy dot" on the bottom center that sometimes overlaps with a stat of the playing card, making it impossible to read (you can read it if you partially unsleeve the card, but it sucks).

Can anyone tell me if that "flashy dot" overlaps with the bottom stats of Yomi cards (real or printed ones)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the same sleeves for my P&P Yomi and the dot is no issue for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
the dot is under the speed factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't overlap anything if you put the card in such that the dot is on the back. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
Doesn't overlap anything if you put the card in such that the dot is on the back. Problem solved.

"Help me BGG, I followed this advice with my solid-backed card sleeves, and now I can't read anything on the face of the card!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
It's so stimulating being your hat
badge
The way forward is sometimes the way back
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spot the spots in this image, looks OK:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

"Help me BGG, I followed this advice with my solid-backed card sleeves, and now I can't read anything on the face of the card!"

You're obviously not a hard-core gamer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sleeving and sliding?
Can someone experienced with card sleeves let me know: what keeps the stacked deck from slip-sliding around? Or do the sleeves have enough friction it all holds together? Do different brands slide more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves have enough friction to keep cards stacked.

However, when sleeves are new, the sleeve hasn't adapted its shape fully to the card inside, it's partially filled with air, and cards feel inflated and may slip sometimes. After some time, the sleeve adapts to the card and they do not slip anymore.

Also, do not rely on sleeves that feel very plastic in the back side. They will stack better and never slip, but they keep absorbing grease from your fingers until they get so sticky that you have trouble shuffling them.

Sleeves that feel smoother on their back (as the Ultra-Pro solids) work better. They may slip sometimes when they're new, but they never get sticky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.