Andrey Velkov
Bulgaria
Doganovo
Elin Pelin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game from a friend of mine and spent an hour going through the various components, looking at the art and reading the text of the cards, when something struck me:
House Martel, the yellow cards had three character decks, one with just the crest, one with the crest and the crown and a third one with the crest and the swords, which according to the rulebook is the normal case.

The issue is that all the other five houses have 1 deck with crest and swords and two decks with crest and crowns. The crest and crowns decks are two separate decks: htey have some charcters different, but the only difference as decks is the background of the character's name. One deck has brown background, while the other has grey.

Anyone else suffering the same fate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, but asking for replacements doesn't work because the replacement decks are the wrong size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Velkov
Bulgaria
Doganovo
Elin Pelin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well on first glance it seems that they are kind of separated by the background of the names. Does anyone know which colour which deck is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I've got the same problem. I do still have them separated from the original AGoT box and the ACoK box. I'll let you know which is which when I get home.

You can use this to find out what are the "Base Game" house cards based on the functionality of the cards themselves.

AGOT Player Screen (1 of 2) - Inside Screen

Hey Brian, what do you mean about the deck sizes being different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KeyserSoze wrote:
Hey Brian, what do you mean about the deck sizes being different?

When you ask FFG for replacement base game house cards that don't have the crowned card backs, they send you a missized set of cards that are noticeably larger than the rest of the cards in the game. They have a few extra milimeters on the regular cards, both in height and width. At least at's what happened to Brian and I. It was pretty annoying, and I think I just threw the oversized, non-matching, unsleeveable cards in the recycling. In any event, I can't find them anymore, and good riddance.

My solution was to separate the two stacks by putting the base game house cards all in one ziplock baggie, and all of the COK house cards into another ziplock baggie. The Martell cards are on top, so you can clearly see one crowned sunspear, and one uncrowned sunspear. This makes it easy to choose the COK house cards or the base game house cards for everybody, all at once.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.