London» Forums » Rules

Subject: Coffee House rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
Can someone explain to me exactly how Coffee House works? There's a little bit of a disagreement amongst my friends and I. I get that you don't have to expend a card to place, but it doesn't specify if it's just the Coffee House or if it means from there on out as long as Coffee House is in play, you don't have to expend a card to place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coffee House is explained in the back of the rules:

Coffee House (2) : You do not expend a card when you place this card on to your Building Display. When activated you select any card on the Card Display to place on top of it. The card you take can be of any colour. You must still pay any money required to place the card. You can then activate the card just selected (or you can choose not to).

--

The first sentence explicitly states "You do not expend a card when you place this card...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just the Coffee House; see the example on page 5. Also, on page 8 it specifies "this card".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One question thou...

The card you play on top of the Coffee House when you activate the coffee house, I know you have to pay money if the card requires money to be bought, but do you also have to expend a card of the color you picked up from the display or that part is free?

I think you don't have to expend a car but I want to be sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.