Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead net fighter means net stays in effect until end of phase, correct? what defines end of phase? Neuroshima Online did not handle this correctly as far as I can tell, allowing HQ and netted unit to fire during a battle they started out netted.

Thanks for any input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
Australia
Ashburton
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A phase refers to the initiation phase of the current battle round so if in initiation phase 3 a net fighter is attacked and killed then any units that were netted are free to use any attacks they have in initiation phases 2, 1 and 0. It just means that if in this situation a netted unit with attacks in initiation phase 3 couldn't attack even if the net fighter is attacked and killed by another unit in initiation phase 3. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, that actually makes perfect sense. Thus why the net died on phase 3 and caused a cascade of events I didn't expect. Thanks for the quick response James.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
....and caused a cascade of events I didn't expect. Thanks for the quick response James.

That happens a lot in Neuroshima Hex..... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
greatsage wrote:
A phase refers to the initiation phase of the current battle round so if in initiation phase 3 a net fighter is attacked and killed then any units that were netted are free to use any attacks they have in initiation phases 2, 1 and 0.

Huh? You're saying that if a netting fighter is killed, all the netted fighters retroactively get to use all the attacks that were skipped due to the net? Where do the rules say that? Did I play the game that wrong all this time?

Edit: Doh, ignore this. Nope, you're not saying that, you're merely saying that in initiation phases after the net fighter is killed, its net isn't effective any more. With which I agree wholeheartedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggi├▓
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
Jowjow wrote:
....and caused a cascade of events I didn't expect. Thanks for the quick response James.

That happens a lot in Neuroshima Hex..... arrrh

Yeah, when the board is almost full, and someone puts down a net, then starts a combat that goes the exact opposite of what everyone (probably including him) had planned... those are some of the best moment of Neuroshima Hex! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'Hex is awesome for that! I know that quality can drive a lot of folks nuts but...

If you like chaotic turns of events.
Disrupting great plans.
Unhinging s great defense.
Bold strokes
And, you don't mind when your opponent does the same to you, well then Neuroshima is your game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.