Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Makówka
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
I'm waiting for this one since I saw the video from Essen. I read the rules and I want to play it;P When Cité will be available?
Greetings
Filip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth J. Mazor
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It looks beautiful right...

There are English instructions in the web links section and I believe, despite the mention of "paste-ups", that the components are not language dependent in any substantial way.

You can see that the little flags have the french names for that type of tile... but with the illustrations and the instructions as a guide you'll probably know them within a couple plays.

Buy it now if you can find/afford it.
Poor poor student me wishes he had one. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Besançon
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for your interest. We have been a bit sticky about the quality and the first box were releasd in France only in march, but the result is great.

Cité is in English and French, it is a 2 languages edition, but I am looking for a publisher for the English speaking coutries, because the boxes I printed will be sold out in France before the end of the year I guess. Eric Price (eric arrobase ggdistribution dot com ) , a distributor, has taken 60 boxes of the original edition for the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Gagnon
Canada
Unspecified
Québec
flag msg tools
Cité is also distributed in Canada by : Distribution Levalet : www.distributionlevalet.com

levalet.com has already put it on their website at $29.95. Thanks to Le Joueur this is a really great price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Giom Beuz wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for your interest. We have been a bit sticky about the quality and the first box were releasd in France only in march, but the result is great.

Cité is in English and French, it is a 2 languages edition, but I am looking for a publisher for the English speaking coutries, because the boxes I printed will be sold out in France before the end of the year I guess. Eric Price (eric arrobase ggdistribution dot com ) , a distributor, has taken 60 boxes of the original edition for the US.

Bonjour,

will this be available in Essen this year?

Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
I randomly came upon a copy of this at a nearby Gaming Store. It kinda blew my mind that they had it, and i bought it on the spot. It has a full english set of rules and english FAQ. All of the city tiles names are in french on the front, but on the back of the tile is its english name with an english decription (both of which can also be found and explained in detail in the rulebook). Have no fear buying an imported version, everything in french is also in english. No cut ups or paste ups are needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth J. Mazor
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
goatfarmer03 wrote:
I randomly came upon a copy of this at a nearby Gaming Store.

Lucky guy.
Thanks for the reassurance.

How much did it cost you? Have you played it yet? And...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Besançon
France
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, and ... ?

I am curious to have your the feeling of American people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on US/English version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth J. Mazor
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
Any update on US/English version?

I can now speak from first-hand contact with the game. I helped Guillaume with his tables at Essen this year. Demo'd and played the game countless times.

If you're interested in the game, there is absolutely no reason not to just grab this up any way you can. With the tiny exception of the names on the front of the tiles, this game is TRULY bi-lingual French/English. Every tile has a full French/English explanation on the back. Every rule booklet is present in separate English and French. You could throw the French booklets out and still have a complete game.

The French names on the front of the tiles? Will I have to flip tiles back and forth? No, really no worry. Each tile-type has clear symbology along the bottom to explain its use - I almost never felt like I needed to read the tile name. If anything, the language helps to make the feel more thematic/European. :)

The game will most likely not be republished for another year or so, and when it is (depending on the publisher) it may not have such deluxe components (real cloth/stone). If you wait, you might end up with colored wooden cubes instead.

As for state-side distribution:
Guillaume is probably still working through a variety of contacts from this year's fair.
If you're in a real hurry, you could try to find one of the copies that are floating around Canada (Guillaume, which distro did they go to?) or wait a little longer and something will work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.