Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am rereading the rulebook of Fields of Fire, determined to get it back to the table after a big absence (last time I played FoF was when I finished the Normandy Campaign on 2010-01-10), an idea and a question popped up in my head.

Let's say I want to play a single mission of a campaign, and I don't want to play the first one, but one in the middle, where I see some interesting extras. I am sure that playing a mission in the middle or near the end of the campaign with an all-green company will be very difficult. What would be a good "Experience Level" for my company for a certain mission?

An Experience level could be for example:
Normandy Campaign, Mission 3:
CO HQ, Co XO, 1st SGT: 2 Line, 1 Green
PLT HQs: 1 Line, 2 Green
SQUADS: 1 Veteran, 5 Line, 3 Green
WPN TEAMS: 1 Veteran, 3 Line, 5 Green

Is there a list of relative Experience Level needed/suggested per mission? I am pretty sure that while designing the missions, Ben must have something like that in mind... Would you be prepared to share this Ben, or is this one step to far? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

What are the thoughts of other players on this? Do you feel like me, saying that to play a certain mission, the company needs a certain Experience Level, or do you just say: "stop whining, and play the mission with an all-green Company."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hidden Among the Leaves
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stop whining, and play the mission with an all-green Company

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I remember there is no set experience level needed for each mission.
Also, I see no problem with starting somewhere in the middle of the mission packs with a green company. Except for the first mission or two in Normandy, all the missions are tough if you ask me. Being green will make it just slightly more tougher...maybe.

The point is is to get your men in there and bloodied up so that they get that experience for the next mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I've toyed with the idea of playing one scenario often, but I see FoF as a campaign game and am not so sure it would be so interesting playing "just" a scenario (because you really haven't a big incentive to not burn your troops, for example).
Maybe a lone scenario should have some EXP points for your troops _and_ some negative VPs for lost troops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Quintero
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would suggest random experience for each unit of the Company. My method was to use a D6, 1-3 Green, 4-5 Line, 6 Veteran.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.