Jeffrey L.
United States
Western Burbs of Beantown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for examples of some games that have been created and marketed or branded differently for various unique locales or destinations.

As an example, a card based golf game where the card design basically stays the same but the branded names change, i.e. The Masters Card Game, Pebble Beach the card game etc.

Or a card game based on travels in different cities or countries.

I have developed a game that will utilize this theory, I wanted to see if there were other games out there like this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
You needn't look past your neighborhood garage sale - Monopoly has done this to death.

Sports Illustrated created a game called "SI Pro Football", which was later bought by AH and renamed Paydirt, but the same system was used for the AH game Bowlbound, to cover some of the all-time, great college football teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey L.
United States
Western Burbs of Beantown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Darrell. Kind of what I was looking for. A card game based on various colleges and universities would be similar to what I have in mind doing with the game I've developed.

I'm hoping to have a game produced that can be marketed in different resort spots around the world. I would have to change the box cover, cards,etc. to represent each resort, but the gameplay itself would remain unchanged.

As an example, the game could be like a card based surfing game called Hang Ten- Hawaii, Hang Ten- Puerto Rico, Hang Ten- California etc. or the golf thing I mentioned previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.