Mansions of Madness» Forums » News

Subject: Mansions of Madness Release Date Delayed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael OF

California
msg tools
mbmb
Amazon reports Mansions of Madness release date has been moved from March to July 2011. No surprise there....

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on December 28 2010 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Fantasy Flight Games "Mansions of Madness"
Estimated arrival date: July 14 2011

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just saw it in my FLGS yesterday (03/01/11).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
So this is my new overtext ? Hmmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that Amazon sometimes (read: most of the time) doesn't get games from the first batch. I didn't receive a similar email from Amazon.de yet, but i guess it's only a matter of time.

The game itself is available from different online (boardgame) retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diemension wrote:
Amazon reports Mansions of Madness release date has been moved from March to July 2011. No surprise there....

No, it's out. It's just that Amazon haven't got any copies to send out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still continually amazed that people even use Amazon for board games. This happens all the time with them. Avoid if you want to get your games sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
I just saw it in my FLGS yesterday (03/01/11).

Likewise with my FLGS here. It's a pricey box so I didn't jump at it but they had at least four copies on the shelf ready to go.

More complaints about Amazon bumping the date here: Do Not Order This From Amazon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael OF

California
msg tools
mbmb
I have been looking for it everywhere and not seen it. I usually shop at Coolstuffinc, Boardgamehaus, boardsandbits, and a few others. None of them have it in stock and still report it as a pre-order. Does anyone have a link to a store that has this game? You are referring to Mansions of Madness and not Arkham Horror right? I saw it at Amazon back in Dec for less than any of the online retailers ($50) with free shipping no tax so I ordered it. I order a ton of stuff from Amazon (not too many games though) and they have been on time. But games may be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael OF

California
msg tools
mbmb
Also, FFG still reports it as Not Released Yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nurse Foxfire
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll retell what I posted in that other thread:

My husband pre-ordered from Amazon months ago, got a sweet deal: $50 with free shipping.

Just got the Amazon email stating the date has been pushed back to July. He checked and Amazon actually has them in stock and is selling them right and left (as of this morning there was 1 left in stock at $76 plus shipping). My thinking is that they're ignoring the pre-orders in hopes that we'll cancel and re-order at the higher price. If that's the case, it's a crap move on their part.

We've used Amazon a lot over the last 6 years because we live way out in the country and don't have any stores around us (hell, even the nearest Walmart is a near-30 mile round trip). This is a terrible way for them to treat their customers. Unfortunately they have us over a barrel because we can't do anything else.

At least their Kindle books are reasonable, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HP Lovie
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
I ordered a copy from CCG Armory and, according to their customer service system, it has already been shipped.

I would definitely stick to retailers like the aforementioned when purchasing brand new games like MoM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Bellaby
United Kingdom
Holme
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was waiting for me when I got home today. Preordered from Gameslore (UK).

So I can confirm that it's definitely out.

Diemension wrote:
I have been looking for it everywhere and not seen it. I usually shop at Coolstuffinc, Boardgamehaus, boardsandbits, and a few others. None of them have it in stock and still report it as a pre-order. Does anyone have a link to a store that has this game? You are referring to Mansions of Madness and not Arkham Horror right? I saw it at Amazon back in Dec for less than any of the online retailers ($50) with free shipping no tax so I ordered it. I order a ton of stuff from Amazon (not too many games though) and they have been on time. But games may be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jackson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we got them in stock at Sentry Box yesterday. Definitely out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael OF

California
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks - I appreciate the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diemension wrote:
Thanks - I appreciate the feedback.

Please change the title to not be misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deana David
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I hadn't heard this yet-- very very bad news indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deanalea wrote:
I hadn't heard this yet-- very very bad news indeed!
Have you read the actual contents of the thread? The game isn't actually delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I bought a copy in my FLGS last night at Carousel Center Mall in Syracuse, NY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Online bookstores use a different distribution channel. I don't think they are a priority for FFG either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mehlhoff
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diemension wrote:

It is officially released as of today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
NurseFoxfire wrote:
I'll retell what I posted in that other thread:

My husband pre-ordered from Amazon months ago, got a sweet deal: $50 with free shipping.

Just got the Amazon email stating the date has been pushed back to July. He checked and Amazon actually has them in stock and is selling them right and left (as of this morning there was 1 left in stock at $76 plus shipping). My thinking is that they're ignoring the pre-orders in hopes that we'll cancel and re-order at the higher price. If that's the case, it's a crap move on their part.

We've used Amazon a lot over the last 6 years because we live way out in the country and don't have any stores around us (hell, even the nearest Walmart is a near-30 mile round trip). This is a terrible way for them to treat their customers. Unfortunately they have us over a barrel because we can't do anything else.

At least their Kindle books are reasonable, though
One small but relevant detail here is that the items that are in stock at Amazon are not being sold by Amazon, but by third parties. The listing being sold by Amazon (for $79.99) is still a pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
My CSI order reads "Order processed and waiting to ship," so they received it too (though I have no idea whether they have any left).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
I'm still continually amazed that people even use Amazon for board games. This happens all the time with them. Avoid if you want to get your games sooner rather than later.

I like Amazon for board games. I think this should be amended to say "pre-order" board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got an email from my FLGS a few hours ago letting me know my preorder was in store awaiting pickup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LannisterGold wrote:
Diemension wrote:

It is officially released as of today.

FFG are lying devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CLSgames sent out an e-mail stating they are getting their pre-orders in today.

I wasn't part of their pre-order, but requested they set aside a copy for me. Dr. Solow, I believe he's the proprietor, made it sound like he had a good amount in stock. I'd send him a geekmail (rsolow), if you can't find a copy available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.