tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
but you can get it in white now!
IN WHITE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
but you can get it in white now!
IN WHITE!
It's the new red!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
No Electric Boogaloo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a G5 Tower (2x single core Processors @ 2.0Ghz, Proc Speed: 2,000 MHz, 8GBs of ram, 2,000 MHz, 250 GB HD) for $323 + shipping because someone upgraded to a Mac Pro.

I love that people feel compelled to be early adopters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They didn't change the price structure, just added new chips. That's good news for the sale of my v.1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more likely to buy this version than the former one. It sounds like they've added some great features while keeping the same price structure.

I guess it's beyond "meh" for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I'm more likely to buy this version than the former one. It sounds like they've added some great features while keeping the same price structure.

My wife has been humming and hawing over getting one for some time. I'm considering getting her one for our Anniversary in September, will give me time to save up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
There's still no USB port. iFail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
There's still no USB port. iFail.

But it comes in white!!

This is what I gathered---better processor (no shit, has there ever been a computer upgrade ever that did not have an improved processor?!), and front facing camera*.

*On a related not-Apple-specific not: Does anyone do this video talking? I'm like Mr SciFi, and would have thought this was so awesome when I was 12, but now, I really don't care about talking to someone over a video chat. Most of my phone conversations are between 1 and 3 minutes, and besides doesn't everyone talk on the their mobile phones while doing something else nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

My wife has been humming and hawing over getting one for some time. I'm considering getting her one for our Anniversary in September, will give me time to save up.

In September you will be able to get the iPad 3 ! With more memory, storage, USB, Flash, and higher resolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
In September you will be able to get the iPad 3 ! With more memory, storage, USB, Flash, and higher resolution!

I doubt it. Apple is very uniform in their release cycles. iPad 1 release April 2010, iPad 2 released March 2011. iPad 3 will be--wait for it--released March/April 2012. ....and it won't have USB or Flash. Definitely more memory and probably higher resolution though.

Of course by then you'll have been able to buy a nice Android tablet with all of those things and possibly more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
New processor/faster: What Bob said. Although, I'm not one that really ever notices the speed so much with what I do, so those types of changes, where they may be significant, don't mean much to me.

Thinner than the iPhone 4: I don't remember the exact millimeters. iPhone was 9.something, iPad 2 was 8.something...so by less than 2mm at most. Big whoop.

Black/White: So what. Why not red, and blue, and green, and yellow, and so on? Why stop with just 2?

Front/Rear facing cameras: I'd say I expected that. Still, it is cool that it they did it.

Same Price Point: It never occurred to me that it could be more expensive--I just thought it would be the same.

Out through HDMI: So they fixed something that is wrong with the first iPad.

Battery Life: If you take the auto-brightness off and crank it down, you'll get an even longer battery life.

iMovie/Grageband: Ok, those are cool, but won't you be able to download them onto the original iPad too? If not, lame. If so, then it doesn't really set the 2 apart.

Smartcase: I guess they are kind of cool, but they still kind of look cheap to me.

I still think it is a cool device, but I expected one other thing. A slot for and SD card. A thunderbolt port. Even retina display. I'll take one if my College goes out and gets them, otherwise I'll be fine with the one I have and can wait for the 3rd Generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

I don't see this anywhere, unless you don't mean a dedicated port, but that there is support for an adapter that is available for the one-and-only-all-holy-apple-port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
*On a related not-Apple-specific not: Does anyone do this video talking? I'm like Mr SciFi, and would have thought this was so awesome when I was 12, but now, I really don't care about talking to someone over a video chat. Most of my phone conversations are between 1 and 3 minutes, and besides doesn't everyone talk on the their mobile phones while doing something else nowadays.
I want to do this with my grandparents. I only see them about once a year, sometimes once every two years. Being able to do a video phone call with them would be great. (Alas they don't have cell phones, and learning a computer/phone would be an exercise in frustration for everyone. But if it was easy, we'd love it.) Talking with my kids for a few minutes when I'm at work would be nice with video as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
BoB3K wrote:
KSensei wrote:

I don't see this anywhere, unless you don't mean a dedicated port, but that there is support for an adapter that is available for the one-and-only-all-holy-apple-port.

Yeah, it was supposedly an adapter that would allow you to send everything out through HDMI. One of the problems I have with mine is that I would want to present with it not all applications would go out to the technology in our rooms--I couldn't show what was on my screen over a projector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
BoB3K wrote:

I was going to comment on this. I think this is one of the coolest things about my iPhone and one of the reasons I was excited to get it. My dad who lives on the other side of the nation from me has an iPhone also. With facetime, he can show me bands he is listening to when he goes to New Orleans live! On Christmas we can show him his grandson (my nephew to clarify) tearing into his presents real time! For ordinary phone conversations I don't see it being used so much, but I think there is a lot of potential there to do some really cool stuff. Plus, I found out yesterday that another BGGer who lives in England has an iPhone too. He could give me a tour of London when he is in town!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
I just bought a G5 Tower (2x single core Processors @ 2.0Ghz, Proc Speed: 2,000 MHz, 8GBs of ram, 2,000 MHz, 250 GB HD) for $323 + shipping because someone upgraded to a Mac Pro.

I love that people feel compelled to be early adopters.

But does it run at 2000 Mhz?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
BoB3K wrote:

I was going to comment on this. I think this is one of the coolest things about my iPhone and one of the reasons I was excited to get it. My dad who lives on the other side of the nation from me has an iPhone also. With facetime, he can show me bands he is listening to when he goes to New Orleans live! On Christmas we can show him his grandson (my nephew to clarify) tearing into his presents real time! For ordinary phone conversations I don't see it being used so much, but I think there is a lot of potential there to do some really cool stuff. Plus, I found out yesterday that another BGGer who lives in England has an iPhone too. He could give me a tour of London when he is in town!

Not to say all of that stuff isn't cool, but isn't that just live streaming video that can be done with a single forward facing camera?
The only reason to have a rear-facing camera is for face-to-face video chatting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
KSensei wrote:
BoB3K wrote:

Not to say all of that stuff isn't cool, but isn't that just live streaming video that can be done with a single forward facing camera?
The only reason to have a rear-facing camera is for face-to-face video chatting.

Yup - I've just got into Skype (a doddle to set up, btw - my Mum did it on her own with the webcam built into her laptop). If I use it on my iPhone 3GS either I can see my mum, or she can see me, but not both (unless I am near a mirror).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.