Subject: The smell of Biblios will go away... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As some people have noted, one may be distracted from appreciating the beautiful packaging and artwork of Biblios by an unfortunate odor emanating from the box. Please be patient, as the odor will slowly fade away. I believe, as one of my customers pointed out, that it may be from the glue used inside the box (holding in the insert) and the cards have absorbed it. In any case, it does go away. My sample game has been airing out for a couple days and I can only smell it if I bury my nose in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm this. We all (of a certain age) remember the smell of a freshly printed ditto. No worries. It fades away just like that. Thanks for a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone complaining over the smell of 'newness"?? They obviously never owned a new car. Packaging is great btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was made in China, so it is possible that the smell comes from the chemicals used in the inks and not the glue...

I have a few Made in China games that smell really bad...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After just 5 games, the smell has faded away! No problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
It smelled a lot better than the rawhide dice cup from Stone Age (phew!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, well it's a good thing I have Scripts & Scribes, because I am particularly sensitive to many of those chemical odors. I can smell them long after they are supposedly "gone." I've had to ditch several games because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... that's funny, because I thought I caught a whiff of acetone or formaldehyde coming from your Samurai Swords box... Let me know next time you need to ditch one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Mahjong and 6 Nimmt! waiting for you tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the smell of Biblios in the morning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
I've got Mahjong and 6 Nimmt! waiting for you tonight!
Oh, you forgot to take your stinky games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww, didn't feel right asking about them, but thanks! You can put them in baggies until next time. 8ˆ)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are actually in the garage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I survived the rotting corpse stench of 1st edition, or should I say 'mold edition' Duel in the Dark. No game holds any olfactory terror for me now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may spoil my usual unboxing ritual of cracking the lid and taking a long whiff of that new-game smell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls