Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
All the same we take our chances, tricked by circumstances.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the ballgunners have suit heaters or was the turret heated? I would just like to clarify for crew movement/frostbite purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the suit.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
O.K. Thanks to a vet and fellow Rush fan for the info. It seemed logical since he is in the waist section and the waist gunners have suit heaters. All the compartment heat is forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only compartment heating was in the cockpit and the radio area (in the game, anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
imflem wrote:
O.K. Thanks to a vet and fellow Rush fan for the info. It seemed logical since he is in the waist section and the waist gunners have suit heaters. All the compartment heat is forward.

Us RUSH freaks have to help each other out you know, eh?

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
imflem wrote:

Us RUSH freaks have to help each other out you know, eh?

-Ski

Agreed. That's what it's all aboot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
I think the only compartment heating was in the cockpit and the radio area (in the game, anyway).

Hey Jude whistle

The nose section of the pink card shows comparment heat for the bombadier and navigator, and that heat can go out seperately for each. Which seems strange for such a small compartment, unless there was some sort of divider between the two. I can also imagine that it was always cold in that bubble on the front end.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, it's been awhile since I played, but isn't the navigator in the cockpit with the pilots? I think the ballgunner used suit heat. I have all sorts of notes from playing in the Avaloncon tournaments, so if I dig the game out again, I'll check them and maybe post again. I remember that a crew member with damaged heat or oxygen could be put in with the radio operator or the pilots, but I can't remember if it was because there was compartmentalized heat/air or whether there was an extra oxygen mask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
imflem wrote:
Jude wrote:

Hey Jude whistle

The nose section of the pink card shows compartment heat for the bombardier and navigator....

OK, the B-17 and the B-24 crews had heated suits. In the pilot’s compartment, heat was directed from engine #3 to give limited heat. But from what I understand most pilots and copilots still donned heated suits. If you noticed the engineer is in the pilots compartment and his heat, in the game, is never in jeopardy of going out.... go figure.

The B-29 was pressurized as well as heated. That might be what Hay Jude was thinking about! The rules state that if a crewmembers heat/oxygen is out they may move to a location where a deceased crewmember is.

Hope this clears things a bit!

Jim cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That explanation "suits" me Jim. Just having a blast playing the game and learning new things---like the heat from the #3 engine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata from the General says that a seriously wounded crew member could be put in either the pilot compartment and the radio room. Does this mean that there was an extra oxygen hook-up in those compartments? If so, are these the only two extra oxygen hook-ups on the plane (except for the mini-bottles?)

Was the radio room heated, too, like the pilot compartment?

If a crewman loses his heat can he move to the extra oxygen spot in the pilot compartment (and radio room, if it is heated) to keep the plane from having to descend to 10,000 feet to avoid frostbite?

If the radio operator is SW/KIA, but the radio is functional, can someone else in the radio room operate the radio to avoid penalties when landing and bailing out? The grognard.com errata states:
"27. The Radio Operator must be in the Radio Room to consider the radio operational and avoid the negative modifier for landing."
Was it true that only the radio operator could use the radio, even just for maydays and landing?

Also, elsewhere in this forum, someone wrote:
"When the pilot compartment heat is out, so is the engineer's."
This seems reasonable, since they are in the same compartment, but I'd like more info on whether the engineer always wore a heated suit, unlike the pilots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.