Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
so long story short, i lent TTR:Europe and For Sale to a fellow BGer i met via meetup.com. When the time came to retrieve back my BGs, she suddenly became uncontactable to the extent i am blocked from her FB
so now i consider both my BGs to be lost-for-good.

i love TTR:Europe and have played TTR:Marklin and TTR. Just wondering which TTR version should i get now to replace my lost TTR:Europe?
also is the Alvin and Dexter expansion worth the moola?

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, bummer to hear that.

My personal favorite is Nordic Countries. 3-player only, but it's a great map and is always a good game.

Since you love Europe, get it again!

I do like Alvin and Dexter. It adds just enough conflict between the players to spice up the game. Well worth the moola, so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks i have "moved" this thread to the recommendations forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not like Ferries and Tunnels, get USA.

If you like Ferries and Tunnels, but didn't really like Stations, and don't play with more than 3, get Nordic Countries.

Otherwise, just get Europe again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
anarchy wrote:
My personal favorite is Nordic Countries. 3-player only, but it's a great map and is always a good game.

I don't disagree with your opinion of the game, but Nordic Countries plays 2-3, not just 3.

I'm also obligated to tell you that the best version of the 2-player game is on the US map, using the Big Cities variant from the 1910 expansion. It says so right here on my well-worn fanboy membership card....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ah. i do prefer having as much pple play as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.