Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Last month my children and I played Take It Easy! and my son got his first victory over me. Here is the session report: The King is dead . . .

Tonight my children wanted to play again so I thought it would be a good time to see if my son's victory was a fluke. My 8 year old daughter enjoys being the "caller" so she turned her tiles upside down and mixed them up while my 9 year old son and I organized our tiles.

The first game started slowly for everyone, but towards the end of the round everyone was able to complete a column of 9s. When we finished my daughter had scored vertically with a 45 for the 9s and 20 for the 5s. Just like the first time we played last month, she did not score on either diagonal. My son was able to get the same 65 points vertically. He also got a 7X3 for 21 more points and a total of 86 and 2nd place. I also got the 65 vertical points and the 21 on the diagonal. I also added 6 points in that direction. Scoring the other diagonal, I got an 8X5 for 40 more points. My total was 132.

We quickly decided to go again and my daughter mixed up her tiles and started calling them out. This time both my son and daughter improved on their first game score while I made a bit of a mess out of my board. My daughter scored 48 points vertically and was able to add an additional 41 points diagonally for a total of 89 points. I got 52 points vertically and 46 points diagonally for a total of 98. My son got a nice 68 points vertically and added 41 more points for a total of 107 and his second victory over me in as many outings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Welborn wrote:
Last month my children and I played Take It Easy! and my son got his first victory over me. Here is the session report: The King is dead . . .

Tonight my children wanted to play again so I thought it would be a good time to see if my son's victory was a fluke. My 8 year old daughter enjoys being the "caller" so she turned her tiles upside down and mixed them up while my 9 year old son and I organized our tiles.

The first game started slowly for everyone, but towards the end of the round everyone was able to complete a column of 9s. When we finished my daughter had scored vertically with a 45 for the 9s and 20 for the 5s. Just like the first time we played last month, she did not score on either diagonal. My son was able to get the same 65 points vertically. He also got a 7X3 for 21 more points and a total of 86 and 2nd place. I also got the 65 vertical points and the 21 on the diagonal. I also added 6 points in that direction. Scoring the other diagonal, I got an 8X5 for 40 more points. My total was 132.

We quickly decided to go again and my daughter mixed up her tiles and started calling them out. This time both my son and daughter improved on their first game score while I made a bit of a mess out of my board. My daughter scored 48 points vertically and was able to add an additional 41 points diagonally for a total of 89 points. I got 52 points vertically and 46 points diagonally for a total of 98. My son got a nice 68 points vertically and added 41 more points for a total of 107 and his second victory over me in as many outings.

Hahahah, guess the Prince is vying for the throne, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.