Claustrophobia» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Soul Mox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everybody.
I was wondering if a PBF is possible with Claustrophobia and if there are any players/moderators who want to work on it?

Regards,
Soul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never done play by forum, but there is very little hidden information, which I'm guessing is the hard part of playing a game that way? Both players have small hands of cards that are secret and everything else is open. And honestly, the game would still work fine even if the cards were also open--I know because I play against myself!

I know people play Battlestar Galactica in the forums though, which has way more hidden information, in terms of quantity and importance, so surely it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can't see any problems with this, other than the board quite quickly could fill quite a bit.

I'd love to play in a PBF, but I couldn't see myself putting the work in, to make the files and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Speedy Petey
Sweden
flag msg tools
I'd love to play Claustro by forum but preferably online. I've never played any games on Vassal but I'd definitely do it with Claustro.

Somebody please make this happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first problem I can see is that you'll have to devise a system (vote, first to respond, flip a coin) for deciding who's going to get those precious dice once wounds start piling up.

I know if there's a 6 sitting out there and my choices are to take it for my brute or take the 2 which will leave me exhausted, I'll take the 6 thank you.

So what about the other guy who needs the 6...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time 2 Roll wrote:
The first problem I can see is that you'll have to devise a system (vote, first to respond, flip a coin) for deciding who's going to get those precious dice once wounds start piling up.

I don't see how that's an issue. Are you suggesting a multiplayer game? If so, the Redeemer should decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soul Mox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the most important thing is to find a moderator who is able to roll dices and draw tiles, etc!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soul Mox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Soulmox wrote:
I think the most important thing is to find a moderator who is able to roll dices and draw tiles, etc!?

I would like to modorate, but before I need some stuff to make it more appealing. I would like to have a picture/foto of the human hero reference cards, and of the dungeon tiles if possible (maybe this is a bit to much and i already got the overview of available tiles). (Actually, i need pictures of all cards, but that may be just a bit too much work). If the tiles are put on a single foto, i can seperate them into the individual tiles myself.
Anything else I need?
Regards, Soul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.