Subject: Offmap boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is it correct that an Interrupt cannot be used to prevent Apraxin from moving from Vilna to Konigsberg because Vilna is not in a Theater (and would sensibly have to be considered a 'Home Nation Space')?

2. Is it correct that KK units cannot transfer to and from the Offmap boxes because they are not in Theaters?

3. Will probably never arise, but isn't it odd that Interception is penalised across a river but not across the English Channel or the Baltic Sea (London and Malmo)? Or should these bodies of water be treated as honourary rivers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. I don't see anything in the rules that says the square boxes are out of the respective theaters. Apraxin could be just as indecisive in Vilna as he might be in Poznan.

2. Per the above, they could.

3. I agree -- it will probably never arise. If it does arise that British forces in London are attempting an intercept across the channel, I'd give them credit for doing so, and lament the desperate plight the brit player must be in, wherein he had nowhere else to deploy them. Same for the Swedes.laugh But if you are ever in that situation, you may apply the river penalty or not as you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 'found' the 'Is the Czarina Dead?' and 'Russian Supply Collapse' cards which could be played regardless of Theaters, and was just logging on to correct my question, but you got there first.

The map implies that Vilna etc. are not in a Theater since the Theater lines do not extend to the edge. Also on Page 2 of the rules a Theater is defined as a grouping of areas and Vilna is not in an area. However you have now ruled that the boxes are part of their neighbouring Theaters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.