Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Is anyone willing to put some Dragon Storm sets for sale in BGG Marketplace for me to buy?

Thanks,
Caleb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking for certain cards, enough of a mix to play with or what? The Black Dragon Press web site currently has some fairly nicely priced sets of cards which includes characters to start out with.

If you're looking for people to put up unused cards for clearance prices, I can't help you. I haven't played in a while, but I still think Dragon Storm is a great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still got lots of cards left over from when I worked with BDP.

The question is, what are you wanting?

A complete collection of cards from the core or expansion? Thats costly.
One of the jewel-box expansions? All of the jewel box expansions? Also potentially costly.

Starters? Boosters? You can still order those direct from BDP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Are you looking for certain cards, enough of a mix to play with or what? The Black Dragon Press web site currently has some fairly nicely priced sets of cards which includes characters to start out with.

If you're looking for people to put up unused cards for clearance prices, I can't help you. I haven't played in a while, but I still think Dragon Storm is a great game

Not concerned about the price, within reason. I just want them. So, they are in-print, then?

My research showed otherwise, but will check your recommendation.

Thanks,
Caleb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
I've still got lots of cards left over from when I worked with BDP.

The question is, what are you wanting?

A complete collection of cards from the core or expansion? Thats costly.
One of the jewel-box expansions? All of the jewel box expansions? Also potentially costly.

Starters? Boosters? You can still order those direct from BDP.

Ok, thanks. Will order directly. Money is only a relative concern.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also order the cards individually from BDP.

You wont have any choice in that past the starter set and Kanchanka expansion as BDP hasnt made the jewlcases in a very long time.

Take note when ordering cases of cards, starters or boosters that the sorting system for the boosters was kinda... not very good. Not as gawd awful as Illuminanti CCG was. But expect some possible repeats within a single booster or within a single box.

As for the supplenetary books. No idea if BDP still makes or sells those.

See my reviews here of the game and the expansions and whatnod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
You can also order the cards individually from BDP.

You wont have any choice in that past the starter set and Kanchanka expansion as BDP hasnt made the jewlcases in a very long time.

Take note when ordering cases of cards, starters or boosters that the sorting system for the boosters was kinda... not very good. Not as gawd awful as Illuminanti CCG was. But expect some possible repeats within a single booster or within a single box.

As for the supplenetary books. No idea if BDP still makes or sells those.

See my reviews here of the game and the expansions and whatnod.

Thank you so MUCH. I found everything--I should've found it to begin with, but your help was great.

Caleb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you found cards. Hope you enjoy the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C

Texas
msg tools
Hey, I dont know if you got all you wanted but I happen to have a BUNCH of cards im looking to sell... dont know the complete number, but i almost have a master set of 1st ed and kanchaka, as well as many of the premium player cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Robinette
United States
Westbury
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few of the jewel case expansions (never used) (Two, Four, Five, and Six) and I understand that they're OOP... so the cards inside them were never reprinted?

Are people wanting them? I'd hate to throw them up on eBay only to see them go for almost nothing...

(still trying to decide if I want to play, even)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The jewel cases themselves are OOP, most if not all the cards in the cases should still be in print. Just for sale individually.

They likely would never go for much on e-bay since the cards can likely be gotten cheaper off the site still. And if the Guild banned any then their value plummets exponentially. At least one of the preview sets was and all of the adventure and world book cards are banned. And of course my own set that was in development at the time were banned as well before they saw final release. Ensuring they will never be released.

If my corrected card list is still up then it should have notations on which cards are OOP.

Only sets 1-4 had Jewel cases officially. The rest were sold in batches or individually as BDP phased out the Jewel cases. If you have any of 5-7 in such then they were likely getting rid of overstock in the cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonstorm has banned cards? That's just wacky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My goof, all 6 sets had Jewlcases.

As for banned cards. If you play in any Guild sanctioned game. Then yes.
All test cards are banned.
All of the Adventure and World book cards are banned.(This has changed at least once. I havent looked at the most recent edition of the Guild Rules. You must cut the cards out of the book before they are accepted for play. No Photocopies allowed.)
etc ad nausium.
This on top of the limiters on points and card. After some point total the character is retired from gameplay, excepting the rare special con event. (ie: they are banned.)

Some of it makes sense. But the way the Guilds gone about it over the last 12 years has done more damage than good. Anyone who had to deal with the waning years of the RPGA saw where this was headed.
But If you tow the line and dont mind the gradually more restrictive edicts. Then you really shouldnt have any problem. The rest unfortunately have a problem. I've run into too many people who just up and quit and gave away their collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I've always thought "organized" RPGing goes counter to everything good about RPGs anyway. But that sounds pretty nonsensical. You have to cut the cards out of the book? Seriously? They aren't going to shuffle in anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres allmost no shuffling at all in Dragon Storm.
You do not have a "deck" as it werer. Just a character and equipment that you bring to the adventure and a few treasure cards you might try to gain if the GM is agreeable.

Occasionally you have to pick a random card to drain or replenish. But aside from that you just play them as needed and then wait for a moment to rest and recover some or all depending on the region you are in.

Same goes for the GM. They dont have a deck either during gameplay. They work out what they want beforehand and have all cards ready for each character and encounter for the adventure usually.

I seriously need to get a play session example posted here. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. But they are supposed to replenish randomly, and some card effects (like Fatigue) are supposed to drain them randomly. We eventually houseruled that, however, since the variety of card backs and materials made it too hard to select random cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As said. draining and recovering is about the only time you need to shuffle cards and that tends to be not all that many for the average character until they have had a few adventures and accumulated some card points.

A workaround for that problem was to lay the cards out and roll a d6 (or appropriate dice to match or exceed the number of cards laid out) and drain or undrain the card that the count reached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.