Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was browsing through RD's "America's 100 Best", which is mostly a waste of space, but then "Games" caught my eye (go fig!). Along with 20Q, an electronic 20 Questions, and Scene It?, a popular party game, I see Ticket to Ride. Here's what they said:

"In the board game Ticket to Ride, players race to build tracks across the United States and Canada, while trying to block the opponent's progress. A Parent's Choice winner in 2004 ($39.95; Days of Wonder)."

This must be the best promotion for our strategy/euro games yet. Think of how many homes have RD in their...homes. (yes, I was gonna say bathrooms!) They trust RD, they check out the game, they love it, they want more, sooner or later they find US! Get ready to welcome a new gaggle of gamers. (Is it a gaggle? Well, I like the alliteration!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Not mention that Dr.'s offices get like free 5-10 issues subscriptions to throw around their waiting rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gaggle of gamers has some nice alliteration going

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
I believe the correct term is a plague, or swarm of gamers. A troop, or mustering of wargamers, and a big-stink of geeks.

In dentists' offices, it is a plaque of gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, Koldfoot, that is way too much thought given to such an inconsequential topic. But great reading! Thanks for your squandered brain power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a gamut of gamers? Or a gambit of gamers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.