Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is for all the people who havent played this game and are interested in purchasing it.

I learned the game from watching ufbrt's video review about three times and then I went on BSW (brettspielwelt) and watched about 5 games being played. The game is well marked and very intuitive.

My first play was with a semi-gamer friend, I spent about 15 minutes explaining the rules and a sample round and then we were up and going.

We had no problem with the flow of the game, I had printed out the building and player quick refrence sheets under the file section, but really only refrenced the different phases to make sure we were doing everything in correct order. We really didnt have any strategies and were just getting the feel of the game. I think I won by about 10 points which I consider real good for my opponent since I had watched the videos and knew the gameplay. We both felt we would do better next game. The two things we seemed to forget alot were, we would forget to collect our income in the beginning and remembering to pay the denier everytime you placed a worker.

The game felt a little dry(which I dont mind and he didnt either) and I feel it would of played better if we had one more player to mix it up a bit. Although after we develop some sense of strategy I could see two player being very fun. We both said we would play again anytime.

So my message to you is get it, its really intuitive how it plays and the board and tiles are marked very well, showing what they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. The rules are very simple, especially compared with other games of its weight. Learning how to win against a tough player: not so easy. Don't play for money on BSW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
xtsgarp wrote:
So my message to you is get it, its really intuitive how it plays and the cards are marked very well, showing what they do.

Cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiles not cards- changed thanks for clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely is a better game with more people. You can start to form alliances about which way the provost will move and ganging up on the person in the lead. Its a much more interactive game than the rules would leave you to believe (at least, it is in my group) and I tend to wonder if some of that element gets lost when playing online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent played online, due to the fact I would just be greatly outclassed. Not that I care if I lose, but I wouldn't give much competition. I think all boardgames lose something being played online, but they also gain effeciency and speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I drink to you, friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
xtsgarp wrote:
I havent played online, due to the fact I would just be greatly outclassed. Not that I care if I lose, but I wouldn't give much competition. I think all boardgames lose something being played online, but they also gain effeciency and speed.

It's difficult to catch up to the skill level. Similar to chess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.