BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Birthday Wishlist (per wife request)....check it out. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I spent hours on Coolstuffinc tonight trying to get a wishlist together to give to my wife. I decided that if she really wants to get me something (I always tell her she does enough for me already, but that isn't the right answer) it might as well be board games. She is completely on board since she said I am impossible to shop for.

Here are my picks: (NOTE: had to get to $100 for free shipping)

1. Carcassonne: The River II - my FLGS never carries this so for $4...
2. Castle Panic - I really like the idea of this game and my 13yo daughter will love it
3. Hive: The Ladybug - have the mosquito; might as well finish it off
4. Stone Age - I know that people love it or hate it, but my wife actually really wants it so anything to keep her gaming with me
5. Survive: Escape from Atlantis! Escape from Atlantis! - just looks fun!
6. Thurn and Taxis - I am really interested in this for the 3 of us to play

Anyhow, that is my list. Something like $115 total so free shipping. How long should I expect till I get this? I think my wife thinks I will get it by my birthday, March 19th, but free shipping has me thinking maybe not. Any estimates from other customers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll definitely have it by your birthday. If you ordered today CoolStuff will have it to you by about Wednesday next week.

You'll like river II - it is a nice little expansion. If you don't have them yet get Traders & Builders as well as Inns & Cathedrals as these are easily the best two expansions.

The two of you will probably like Stone Age. I don't think it is a great game, but it is a nice game for my wife & I to play. So...as long as you can take it for what it is...nothing serious, but I nice diversion...you'll enjoy it.

Thurn & Taxis is good, but the expansion - For Power & Glory makes it MUCH better.

Enjoy your birthday....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Austin
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Happy early birthday.

Does one need the River in order to enjoy River 2?

Sorry for the hijack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say next Wednesday is a fair guess - here in NY it usually takes about 5 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chooka1 wrote:
Happy early birthday.

Does one need the River in order to enjoy River 2?

Sorry for the hijack.

That is a really good question. I would guess no though as the description states that it fixes some things that were wrong with the River I being used with the later expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You do not need The River in order to play with The River II.

In fact, I'm not even sure if you are officially supposed to play with them both together, but you could if you want. It might spread the board out too far too early on, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Austin
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks gang! I'll just go with River II.

Again, happy birthday!

Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Stuff shipments come pretty quickly. I don't think I have ever waited more than 5 business days and I always go with the free shipping option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chooka1 wrote:

Again, happy birthday!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.