• [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up last time it was on Tanga (I'm a big fan of the original Death Race, and I used to love Car Wars), and it's an excellent game. 90 minutes of chaos and screwing your friends over, plus fun components.

The one oddity is that it's not usually a great idea to go too fast, as the wrong tile drawn just in front of you can knock you out of contention. That seems off for a game about driving fast and shooting each other, but it doesn't really detract from enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Martin Ralya wrote:
I picked this up last time it was on Tanga (I'm a big fan of the original Death Race, and I used to love Car Wars), and it's an excellent game. 90 minutes of chaos and screwing your friends over, plus fun components.

The one oddity is that it's not usually a great idea to go too fast, as the wrong tile drawn just in front of you can knock you out of contention. That seems off for a game about driving fast and shooting each other, but it doesn't really detract from enjoying the game.

I agree. My group started playing this recently after burning out on Formula D. First turn of the first game, everyone shot out of the gate at 160 mph...and promptly crashed and burned our way through a rockslide, a cow crossing, and a traffic jam. Wipe out tokens all around.
So yeah, in this game speed is definitely secondary to turning your opponents into chunks of twisted metal and scoring the big points for pancaking senior citizens with your ram plated flame-thrower mobile.
I like it a lot. The only negative (inasmuch as the game otherwise does exactly what it tries to do) is that there can be too much downtime betwixt turns with more than 4 players, or with 3-4 slow players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
borislock wrote:
The only negative (inasmuch as the game otherwise does exactly what it tries to do) is that there can be too much downtime betwixt turns with more than 4 players, or with 3-4 slow players.

I've only played with four, but I'd agree that it's a bit long for what it is -- though not so much so as to be a real turn-off for my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
obligatory post: "another z-man game on tanga???"

thanks for posting and including shipping too. seems like a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayfield
United States
flag msg tools
am i the only one who sees the price as $19.99 and not $18.99?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vespa
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mayfield703 wrote:
am i the only one who sees the price as $19.99 and not $18.99?

After you log-in, the price should change to $18.99 (at least, it did for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Urfi
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFlatline wrote:
Dammit... I'm *supposed* to be on a board game purchasing hiatus. Stuff like this is not helping.

I feel your pain, I really do. I keep telling myself I don't have a problem and I can quit anytime... I guess I'm just in denial. $25 total w/ shipping was just too good to pass up. Look at me, I'm a mess! I can't even write a post about not buying games without linking it to games and admitting I bought another $#@!ing game! Help! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.