$30.00
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started with Wrath as that was the first game I got, and then added in things from Castle Ravenloft. Some, if not all, decisions I choose I did because it would be good for my game group so feel free to do what you want. I am posting this so people can get an idea and do what they want.

Also keep in mind that I am a gamer and not an RPer so I do not care about flavor or setting. If there is a vampire in a lava mountain I really don't care.

The Miniatures:

I just added all the models, together and put them in 3 Tupperware containers. I used the ones you get when you buy sandwich meat at the grocery store. When these are stacked up on top of each other they just barely come in under the top.

The Cards

I first added the gold values to the Ravenloft treasure cards in sharpie from this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/622117/suggested-treasure-it...

I then removed the following cards because there was too many copies from each set, didn't like the mechanic, or was of no use. I tried to keep close to the same balance of cards from WoA but added more events to change things up, and less basic attack cards. The break down:

Kept In:
Events - 39
Attack - 15
Environment - 9
Trap - 6
Hazard - 3(All)
Curse - 8(All)

What I took out:

5 of the "Sequence of Play" cards

Ravenloft Cards
Treasures: Crystal Ball(178), Lucky Charm(184), Potion of Healing(188)

Event Encounters: Frenzy(64), Overrun(73), Passage of Time(75), Passage of Time(76), Strahd's Trick(83), Voice of the Master(88)

Trap Encounters: Crossbow Turret(105), Dart Trap(107), Fire Trap(108), Spear Gauntlet(110)

Attack Encounters: Ambush!(90), Animater Armor(91), Circle of Death(93), Hands of the Dead(96), Icy Corridor(98), Strahd Attacks!(103)

Environment Encounters: Bat Swarm(51), Blood Fog(52), Cackling Skull(53), Spirit of Doom(58)

Wrath of Ashardalon Cards
Encounters:
Attack: Bull's Eye!(84), Deep Tremor(86), Earthquake!(87), Fungal Bloom(88), Poisoned Arrow(91), Steam Vent(92), Sulphurous Cloud(93), Waking Dream(96)

Environment: High Alert(61)

Trap: Whirling Blades(103)

Event
: Warp in Time(82), Frenzied Leap(68), Unbearable Heat(79)

I then had a bunch of magic card sleeves laying around in a box so I put red on monsters, brown on encounters, gold and silver on treasure (more on this in a sec), and clear on the rest.

Treasure cards: I put all of the Blessings, Fortunes and items under 1k gold in silver sleeves. I then put all the items 1k or higher, and the elven cloak, in the gold sleeves.

What I do is every time someone kills a monster, they get a silver treasure card and they pick a treasure token. That way they get potions, one time use items, and "buffs" per mob and only get the "good" items if they pull a treasure token or an encounter tells them to pull a treasure card.

I put all of the sleeved cards in a magic fat pack box to hold. You can get a generic white one at your local store for a $1

Tokens
I removed the trap tokens that dealt with the trap cards i removed above, 6 surge tokens (kept 4 just in case), 5 hour glass tokens, and the HP tokens that came with WoA. I kept the HP tokens from CR because they have a black back and you can flip them over when you "loose" them and it shows a much better contrast with the black back, then the yellow ones from WoA. I also removed half of the monster damage tokens.

I then put the rest that I kept and put them in 5 zip lock bags.

Tiles

The first thing I did was remove any "generic" tiles from CR that only had the floor and bone pile. I also removed the 4 crypt corners from CR as you can just use chamber or whatever for it.

I then swapped out generic WoA tiles with CR tiles that had coffins, etc on them. Black arrow matched black arrow etc.

I had 3 tiles that didn't quite match up but I wanted as many "interesting" tiles as I could do while getting rid of the generic ones

I then had 3 "laggers" that I wanted to include but didn't have anything that matched it closely enough so I just added them.

I then just put all the tiles and square stat cards into 3 piles.

Finishing Up

I then put the 2 black "holders", the CR rule book, and everything I am not using in the CR box and put the stuff I'll be using in the WoA box.

Underneath everything is the 2 scenario books and the WoA rule book. The top left is all off the tile pieces, top right is all off of cards in the fat pack box. All of the stat cards are in the middle right and 2 of the Tupperware containers with the models below that. Then you have the 3rd Tupperware underneath the 5 ziplock bags and the 2 giant figures in the middle.

(takes a breath and wipes his brow) That should be good enough for now.surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
1066, Tears to Many Mothers, coming to Kickstarter!
badge
1066, Tears to Many Mothers, coming to Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuyley wrote:
I first added the gold values to the Ravenloft treasure cards in sharpie from this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/622117/suggested-treasure-it...

Don't know why I didn't think of this! I was developing a shopping list of all the prices but it'll be much easier to just have it referenced on the cards themselves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice post!

In regards to mixing tiles.
I plan on simply making a deck consisting of all WoA tiles plus the named tiles from CR.
I believe such a deck will make it pretty close to the total number of tiles in CR. Where your method puts the number close to WoA.

Don't know which is better. But I'm thinking the named tiles will become a bit repetitive if drawn in most games, as per your method. Only drawback, in my setup, is that the Long Hallway tiles will be farther apart, unless changing one or two existing hallways to work the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason setley
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I posted a few Pictures, of the way i have packed both games.

All the Monster cards are now mix ( sleeved Black )
All the Teasure cards are now mix ( sleeved White )I wondering which ones i should remove, I have a huge stack not sure i need what many.
Encounter cards for CR ( sleeved Blue )
Encounter cards for WoA ( sleeved Red )
All the Heroes cards ( Sleeved Green )
Misc Cards like Boon,Chamber etc. ( Sleeved Yellow )

All the cards fit in a long Magic the Gathering box.

]

~Jason zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone asked me in mail on why I removed the cards I do and the reason behind it. I will just copy my response here in case someone else was wondering. Also the "silver and gold" treasure system has been working out really well in our games. Try it out and let me know what you think.

I got rid of the couple of treasure cards like the lucky charm etc because there was like 5 of each and didn't want to keep drawing the same thing. Also the crystal ball is just bad.

I made the encounter deck do less damage as what fun is it to just take random damage. Instead i have it do the fun things like swap places with people etc. Granted you need some damage stuff so I left in the more flavorful ones

The blue trap cards I picked because instead of doing more damage, i have them doing less damage but giving some sort of drawback like slowed etc.

When it came to the Green event cards, i got rid of the copies or the ones that just do a damage like "Passage of time". Also any events that cause people to swap or trade cards like "War in Time" I removed to make the game simpler. Although my brothers and myself and "old school" some people we play with, like our girlfriends, are not.

I liked most of the purple Environment cards but cut which ones i liked the least to keep the balance of the deck IE not too many environments compared to the rest.

Lastly the red Attack cards. Everyone hates these cards when we play and some times can be too complex for the new people like Icy Corridor. I removed everyone that simply just did a normal attack like Bull's Eye, Deep Tremor, etc.cause they are boring.

I tried my best to keep a similar balance when it came to card distribution but removed more red Attack cards in favor for fun or flavorful Event cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is the solution I use for all 3 games

It all fits into one box neatly even the mini plastic organizer.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.