Anders Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hello everyone

I just received this game yesterday, and have read thru the rules, and practiced a set-up for Story one: " The Fall of House Lynch".

Beware Spoilers be ahead!!!

If you choose the 1C option and get the Objective 1C for this story there are two very similar objectives. They are almost identical, But one reads:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"The keeper wins if an investigator is killed"

The second reads:

The keeper wins if 2 investigators are killed"

What are the purpose of having two different objectives for the same storyline? Is there something I have overlooked, or which one is the correct one? Or are they both in use?

The same problem arise if you choose Objective 1A
Here one reads:

" The keeper wins if all Event card is drawn"

The second card entitled Objective 1A reads:

" When this objective is revealed discard all lock cardsand the "Maniac Attack" card from play" Then in the next section it reads: The Keeper wins if the final event card is resolved

I dont get it, what is it I am missing?
Looking forward to reading your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each box is supposed to come with an errata sheet, and some replacement cards. I think you're talking about the new and uncorrected versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

There are 7 replacement cards, all with a small R in the bottom right hand corner. These replace the original ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme McGee
United Kingdom
Upper Cambourne
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have had a little white slip of paper explaining this.

Find all the cards with the R in the bottom right corner (they came packed together but it seems you have shuffled them in with the main decks already).

Now find the corresponding original versions of the 'R' cards and remove them from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, exactly. Look in the corner of those cards and one of them should have the letter "R" there. That's the one you are supposed to use. There are other types of cards that have this as well, I think seven in total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot.

That makes a lot more sense. I had completly overlooked the white note, and it was close to being recycled, so thanks a lot.

Cthulhu had not been very happy, had i disposed of his notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. No white note in my copy. Are the cards in a separate pack, or are they mixed in with the base card decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stanley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
fbranham wrote:
Oops. No white note in my copy. Are the cards in a separate pack, or are they mixed in with the base card decks?

My replacement cards were included with the main set of cards, in the same baggie.

As has been mentioned, the ones to substitute all have a small 'R' in the bottom right-hand corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
In my case they where mixed in with the rest of them. Look for the small white R´s in the lower right corner, and just find the matching card without the R, then keep the one with the R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wente
United States
Granite City
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My replacement keeper action card "Command Minion" is exactly the same as the one it is replacing, except one has the small "R"; the other doesn't.
Anyone else have "non-issues" like this, or am I overlooking something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Command Minion card was supposed to replace Command Monster, but in my set both cards are Command Minion. Someone must have corrected an error that didn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornelius T. Pepper
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
The Command Minion card was supposed to replace Command Monster, but in my set both cards are Command Minion. Someone must have corrected an error that didn't exist.

I believe you're referring to the errata text that in the Keeper Guide for scenario 1, it says to take the Command Monster card, which doesn't exist, and you are instead to take Command Minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wente
United States
Granite City
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajPepper wrote:
nyhotep wrote:

I believe you're referring to the errata text that in the Keeper Guide for scenario 1, it says to take the Command Monster card, which doesn't exist, and you are instead to take Command Minion.

No, we both have two "Command Minion"cards and no"Command Monster"card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Command minion - once and for good resolved.
The difference is subtle in words,
Orig:
Action: Move a monster up to 2 spaces. You may only move each monster once per game round.
replacement:
Action: Move a monster up to 2 spaces. You may only use this card once per monster each game round.

But BIG in meaning. Original card prevents you from moving the monster with lets say take sample and command minion in the same turn.

Edit: I have to unpack the whole thing, because those cards were on the bottom. I hope you are happy now. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wente
United States
Granite City
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*unpacks MoM* (using packing box with peanuts until I find a decent game bag)
My command minion is on the very bottom as well.
And I can now confirm the over sight...
Thank you very much, I am happy now!
...now to figure out what to do since I have mansions out now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.