Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Clay, Bill, Joe and I sat down to play the Amigo version of this game. The game was new to everyone but Joe. The rules were explained quickly and we were off and playing.

The first few plays we leapfrogged as we all stayed close together, not wanting to pass up many tiles.
It become apparent quickly that the other three players were consentrating on the big numbered tiles, the 8 and 6. Joe was diversifying and picking up some of the fours and twos and a pharaoh for a tiebreak. I decided to go with the lower numbered tiles. I spotted a few that would get me points pretty quickly.

I was able to cash in first on the a two, then a four. Joe split a 6 with Bill. I felt pretty good about my strategy as I continued to grab the twos and four. The one eight I had grabbed early on was stolen by Bill.

Unfortunately I just wasn't able to get control of enough tile groups. Joe's diversification strategy was keeping me on my toes.

In the end Bill won with his two eights, a six and the split 6 as he got down to zero as we neared the end. A few turns earlier it became apparent that I didn't have a chance of winning unless the other players chose tiles that benefitted me.

Good game. I'm looking forward to picking up the OoTB version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.