Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
http://flakypastry.runningwithpencils.com/
badge
http://flakypastry.runningwithpencils.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with this a while back when I was bored. It was remarkably easy to come up with, and I find it pretty fun and just challenging enough.

Simply draw tiles from the bag and place them, one by one, as in the normal game. Your objective, however, is different: You need to build paths that connect each of the dots on the sides which give bonus points in the regular game. That's 4 points on each side, for a total of 16 points you need to reach, including two immediately adjacent dots on each side. Connecting paths to the sides elsewhere than on the bonus dots is allowed, but doesn't do anything.

If you run out of places to put tiles, or you block a bonus dot with a tile that doesn't connect to it, you lose.

I haven't taken precise logs of the times I tried this, but I must have played around 5 times, and been successful twice.

Hope other people enjoy thislaugh

(Note: I played this with the Goliath version, I believe some other versions have a different number of bonus dots, so I don't know how this would work on them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance it looks like the task will be preposterously easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too me this also seems way to simple.

I tried the solitaire variant posted in the files section by ssmooth a few times and that variant is a lot better.
In this variant you also have to connect all the double scoring dots but you are NOT allowed to connect to any other spots on the edge.
If you are not able to place a tile before connecting all the bonus dots, it's game over for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anais A
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My idea for a solitaire variant is take ssmoooth's idea of reaching all and only all of the special spots with one river, but instead of using the pre-marked spots, randomly select different special spots along the edge (keeping 3 per edge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.