Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I was wondering if there would be any interest in getting some BGG folks together for a round of disc golf while in Columbus.

Depending on how much interest is shown, we can do mixed doubles, triples, or just play a regular round.

I see via DGCourseReview that there are 4 courses in Columbus. If anyone has any information or preferences on these courses that would be great as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanderArk
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a round of disc golf at the Gathering in Columbus last year. I don't remember the name of the course we played, but it was outstanding, one of the best courses I have ever played in the 35 years I have been disc golfing.

I wasn't planning on going to Origins, but this course was so good that it might be worth the drive to Origins just to play there again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanderArk
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The course I played in 2010 is called Lobdell Reserve.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=129&mode=ci
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maier
United States
South Haven
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always nice to get outside for a few hours at a four day con. I would probably be in if it was reasonably close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Zehnal
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Raising money to end cancer because those with cancer have better things to do.
badge
I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would take you probably 30 minutes to get to Lobdell from Origins. Take 670 east to 161 East to 37 towards Alexandria. Most of the way is freeway mileage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Sauer III
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
South Central Ohio Disc Golf Courses

Great Seal State Park Disc Golf Course

Sanctioned tournament course records:

Single round: Andrew Back 2005 Score : 48

Two round total: Garrett Diemler 2008 Score: 98

Great Seal Disc Golf course sits in the middle of the Great Seal State Park in Chillicothe, Ohio. It is an 18 hole course donated by McDonald's® of Chillicothe and FREE to play. The course was designed by Marc Queen. This course will challenge everyone, even a pro their first couple of times to play. The longest hole is Hole 14 at 589 feet. Great Seal is rated the Most Difficult, the most family friendly, the highest facility rating, and the least crowded.

http://www.chillicothediscgolf.com/courses.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bring my disc's, but I won't have transportation. Geekmail me if this ends up happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Still working out the details here.

Considering things like time and location. Shooting for a 8am start, unless that is too early for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Color me interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ok, so I'm looking at Griggs Reservoir Park in Columbus

You can check out its information at DiscGolfCourseReview

Thursday at 8am.

We can band together and carpool, as the course is a tad over 5 miles from the convention center. My group will not have a car, but I'll be more than happy to share a cab if need be.

Obviously none of this is set in stone, so expect some changes between now and then. Post if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to play some disc golf with you guys, if only I were attending. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For those without a car, COTA bus route 58 runs from downtown and stops at the Griggs resvoir park and ride. So it should be fairly easy to get to the Griggs course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this? Folks meeting on the Con then leaving? I could split a cab. Let me know if Ishould pack discs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already got my round in; I start every Origins with a round out at Blendon Woods on the NE side of Columbus (-7! Woo hoo!). I hope that y'all do get a chance to play!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
Already got my round in; I start every Origins with a round out at Blendon Woods on the NE side of Columbus (-7! Woo hoo!). I hope that y'all do get a chance to play!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

That's my regular playing spot. Nice and easy! :) Nice park. I would definitely recommend to anybody Ohio State's course, especially if you've never hung out at Ohio State, you get to see some nice parts of the campus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking about this today. If I was going to be around for more than 48 hours, I'd be in!

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.