Paul Hayes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Please, I hope someone may help. I have tried almost every imaginable search to find a particular game but with no success (a game I had previously discovered about a year ago). The game I seek is a Movie/Film based game. It was a board game, the board divided into different "sets" (Western Bar, Graveyard etc). The object was to move around the board collecting plot lines at various points. The player had to narrate a story using the plot lines as disclosed and developing the story as the game progressed.

If anyone can name this game for me I would be over the moon! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Show Manager or Dream Factory? never played it. just saw people playing at my local meet up. may be it's a start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sauder
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely not Dream Factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that it is, but just in case there's a series of card games about making movies with plots and sets and stuff. No board but you never know.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/B-Movie_Series

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwood Studios USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks guys but its none of these, though Deadwood layout looks similar (I remember it as looking like Haunted House in plan view, the different rooms being "sets" in my game). The gameplay of the game I seek is all about the fun of writing the plot, I dont recall there being a winning aim just the fun of gameplay and the randomness of the script ideas that you have to combine to make a story. Seriously am wondering if I dreamt all this, if so I wish I could remember the gameplay details as its a winner of game. Am sure I watched a video review though, I have scoured To Vassel's stuff but cannot find it in his top 100 - that would have been the most likely resource for a video review that I would have used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did an advanced search to see if your game came up. I didn't find it, but Thrilling Tales of Adventure!(unpublished) looks like fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Movie Maker by Sphinx Familly looks promising but not enough detail to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.