Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have read the rules of Railways through time but something it still not clear. Suppose I have

Town 1 connected to a warp line on stone age
Town 2 connected to a warp line on stone age
Town 3 with two connection on warp line in future
A level 2 locomotive

The rule is clear that I cannot deliver a cube from Town 1 to Town 2 since it is in the same time map and there is no direct connection between them ( only with time warp). But is it legal to deliver from Town 1 to Town 2 but this time the delivery pass through Town 3? A more general question would be: Is it correct to pass through the same time map multiple time on a delivery if you don't use the same track twice and you pass through another time map between the passages?

So from the rules
stone -> stone is incorrect
stone -> future is correct
stone -> future -> future -> egypt is incorrect

stone -> future -> stone -> egypt ??? is it correct???

Thanks for the help
Nicolas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
I would suspect not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules say, that a delivery cannot go back to a timeline that it has been to previously.

so once you leave the stone age via the warp, you can't deliver back there regardless of the distance travelled in between.

----

Found it. half way down the page on page 3, left column
"Goods may NEVER exit a time period and reenter into the same time period."

so I guess that is really upto interpretation, but thats certainly how i took it. depends on how literal you are when reading it.
an official response would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The complete paragraph of the rule is
Players may NOT use time warps to deliver cubes to cities that reside in the same time period. Goods may NEVER exit a time period and reenter into the same time period.

and the example just below is a track going in/out from stone age to do a 1 link delivery. The first sentence is clear that a delivery like
stone -> future -> stone
or any delivery that start and end in the same time period is forbidden.

The second sentence seems to say that you can't exit and reenter the same time period immediately. But this depend on interpretation. Maybe they mean that one you pass a time period the usage of this map is "exhausted" for that delivery.

So if we have a delivery that goes
stone -> future -> stone -> egypt
tha doesn't offend the first sentence since the origin and destination city are not in the same period.
For the second sentence, if they mean do not exit/enter the same time period immediately, then the delivery is correct. But if they mean that once a time preiod is exited, it has been "exhausted", then the example delivery is wrong.

I think that is more logical that to consider a time period "exhausted" for a delivery. But as Samuel says, an official clarification is welcome.

Have a nice day
Nicolas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Bink
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nicolas!

To clarify the rule: Once a cube leaves a time period, it may never reenter that time period. Ever.

Hope that clears it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_bink wrote:
To clarify the rule: Once a cube leaves a time period, it may never reenter that time period. Ever.

What if I use time travel to warp it back to before I started moving it? (Sorry, I had to.. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_bink wrote:
Hey Nicolas!

Hope that clears it up!

I love simple absolutes in rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.