Jean-Michel Petit
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin!

What could I do for my cousin who is missing an arm? We tried to play the game where his good arm represent both but it's not really fair for him since he's a bit more predictable than us with both our arms.

I think there should be a rule covering this in order for this game to be truly family oriented.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Yours truly

Micquebec

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Our team of experts in our testing facility has come up with a variant that could benefit all members of your entourage.

First, if your friend useS his tongue, his selection could be made (for either hand) with the agile placement of his tongue. For example, paper could be his tongue touching his nose, rock would be his tongue rotating clockwise and scissors would be his tongue rotating counter clockwise.
It's really up to your friend's agility and capabilities on this one.

Second, you could give that player a slight advantage by giving him an automatic 1st win.
Since the player with one win has to use the same selection for both hands, this would prove to be a win-win situation.

Finally, just removing that player from play would result in an even greater satisfaction. Placing that person in a closed, damp space in the basement, will provide hours of uninterrupted fun for the remaining group.
We recommend not going above two hours. Above that, players can be distracted and forget the handicapped player.

Hope this helps!

Team Super Rock Paper Scissors
Rated on a d20 1d20 = (19) = 19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 12326. richardtempura
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • Rated on a d20
  • Sun Mar 6, 2011 7:31 pm
Jean-Michel Petit
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Thanks for the fast answer and for the suggestions. I never imagined the incredible support service I would received when I first bought this game. We'll try them this week-end in our war amputee group.

I specially like the third one.

Cheers

Micquebec
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Aube
Canada
Ste-Julie
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Micquebec,

I hope it's not to late and you haven't given up playing with your one handed friend.

Just in case you still haven't found a satisfying solution, I'll suggest the solution we applied in my family: I created a print and play cards of the different options available (rock, paper, scissors). That way, anyone can play! They simply need to pick their card, put it down in front of them and reveal it at the same time as everyone else. Works great even if it slows down the game a little.

You simply need to be a little handy and create the cards. If you wish, I can send you my files (simply geekmail me).

I hope this helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Michel Petit
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tawny wrote:
Hi Micquebec,

I hope it's not to late and you haven't given up playing with your one handed friend.

Just in case you still haven't found a satisfying solution, I'll suggest the solution we applied in my family: I created a print and play cards of the different options available (rock, paper, scissors). That way, anyone can play! They simply need to pick their card, put it down in front of them and reveal it at the same time as everyone else. Works great even if it slows down the game a little.

You simply need to be a little handy and create the cards. If you wish, I can send you my files (simply geekmail me).

I hope this helped.

Hi Robert!

I'm a little late to the party for this one but I would gladly take your cards for our group.

I'll geekmail you right away.

Cheers

Micquebec
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried making that friend do the two symbols with one hand?

If their good arm is the right one, their index and middle fingers can be considered the left hand, and their other two can be the right hand. The Star Trek salute would be two papers, for example. Of course, just doing a regular paper would also work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.