Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
65 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Spring Training - A Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Attempt #2 to have a semi-regular Canadian Math Trade. We had a decent turnout last month, let's see if we can do better this time around.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: Spring Training - A Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: Spring Training - A Canadian Math Trade - Request List


Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Sunday March 6th (3:00 PM EST) to Friday March 11th (6:00 PM EST)

Want List Submissions: Friday March 11th (5:00 PM EST) to Sunday March 13th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.


Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.


Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100


%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, March 11th, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, March 13th, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%


Good luck and happy trading!
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 12 WANTS (2.8%) FROM 1 USER(s) (1.5%):

# CrackerJack747 (12)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/65105-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/65105-results-official.txt
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Users Trading = 47

Num Trades = 92 of 417 items (22.1%)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still a little "tapped-out" on my tradeables, but I'll list the few items I have on that list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this may be the last one I take part in before the great culling that's soon to come.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Eeeville wrote:
I think this may be the last one I take part in before the great culling that's soon to come.


What's this "great culling" you speak of?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I'm really glad to have these all Canadian trades. I got hit really hard with shipping charges in the last open math trade. Has any else noticed that shipping costs seems to have risen sharply this year? I'm scaling back my participation in non-Canadian math trades.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Player wrote:
Eeeville wrote:
I think this may be the last one I take part in before the great culling that's soon to come.


What's this "great culling" you speak of?


A geeklist auction of a fairly of a fairly large portion of my collection (like 1/3).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paperfred wrote:
I'm really glad to have these all Canadian trades. I got hit really hard with shipping charges in the last open math trade. Has any else noticed that shipping costs seems to have risen sharply this year? I'm scaling back my participation in non-Canadian math trades.


Definitely feeling your pain on this one. Rates have risen on both sides of the border, and I paid more in both directions.

I'm doing the same thing. Leaving the international trades behind and focusing on Canada for a while. And to that end, thanks yet again to Cannibal Ox for moderating!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorage wrote:
paperfred wrote:
I'm really glad to have these all Canadian trades. I got hit really hard with shipping charges in the last open math trade. Has any else noticed that shipping costs seems to have risen sharply this year? I'm scaling back my participation in non-Canadian math trades.


Definitely feeling your pain on this one. Rates have risen on both sides of the border, and I paid more in both directions.

I'm doing the same thing. Leaving the international trades behind and focusing on Canada for a while. And to that end, thanks yet again to Cannibal Ox for moderating!


Me too. I got 4 out of 7 trades in the last international trade and was very excited until I realized how much I'd be spending on shipping (as all the games were going to the US). I'm in the current RPG trade, but after that it will be the Canada ones only for quite a while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just waiting for the trade to show up in the OLWLG to put my stuff up...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Just waiting for the trade to show up in the OLWLG to put my stuff up...


It's been there since yesterday afternoon...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! The video game one snuck in after it, so my eyes slid right past it... Adding now...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the Canadian math trades are more expensive to participate in than the US ones. Even with having to pay $5 to pick up a package across the border, shipping from USA to USA is still way cheaper than shipping Canada to Canada (unless I get lucky and the recipient is in my province).

I recently shipped a Crokinole board across the USA for less than a medium sized boardgame across Canada.


Jorage wrote:
paperfred wrote:
I'm really glad to have these all Canadian trades. I got hit really hard with shipping charges in the last open math trade. Has any else noticed that shipping costs seems to have risen sharply this year? I'm scaling back my participation in non-Canadian math trades.


Definitely feeling your pain on this one. Rates have risen on both sides of the border, and I paid more in both directions.

I'm doing the same thing. Leaving the international trades behind and focusing on Canada for a while. And to that end, thanks yet again to Cannibal Ox for moderating!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Now I just have to try to figure out how the heck this works before the 11th, lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeyman wrote:
Cool! Now I just have to try to figure out how the heck this works before the 11th, lol


Check out the following thread. It has a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Any other questions, just ask!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Monkeyman wrote:
Cool! Now I just have to try to figure out how the heck this works before the 11th, lol


Check out the following thread. It has a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Any other questions, just ask!

Thanks, I'll check it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2+ days in and we seem to be stuck at just over 200 items.

Not looking too good...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are still three days left.

I personally had three different math trades in the past month alone, two of them local. I am having a hard time tolerating the shipping costs for math trades anymore. There just isn't anything I want that is high enough value to warrant paying shipping overhead.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, hopefully there will still be a bunch more listings, but it is getting harder for me to trade, too. It's a combination of factors: besides shipping cost, I've traded away most of the stuff I want to trade, and my want list is limited. Hopefully we can recruit some new traders with lots of offers/wants.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if anyone wants to go ahead and geekmail everyone in Canada feel free. We could use some more bodies here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
I've traded away most of the stuff I want to trade, and my want list is limited. Hopefully we can recruit some new traders with lots of offers/wants.


Me too. I've had pretty good luck the last few math trades I've been in (plus general trades) and so the list of items I have left to trade has diminished considerably.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2+ days to go and we're slowly creeping toward that 250 entry mark.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I personally had three different math trades in the past month alone, two of them local. I am having a hard time tolerating the shipping costs for math trades anymore. There just isn't anything I want that is high enough value to warrant paying shipping overhead.

Yup, I can't believe the spike in shipping rates. I auctioned a bunch of games recently and the buyers had to pay shipping (thankfully), but holy cow...

Tangentially, what's with all the chintzy gift certificates - a $10 GC would barely cover the shipping on a small packet without tracking. The $20 ones will cover shipping for most games, so I may as well donate the game to my local Value Village than go to the trouble of shipping a game.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.