Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone else have a problem with the size of the box for both Ravenloft and Ashardalon? All the stuff I have fits into the inserts just fine but I have an inch of wasted space in the box.

I have put my punchboards under the insert to bring it even with the top of the box but that's a lot of wasted space.

It doesn't look like they will be doing expansions for this game just one off games, so I don't need the extra space to put expansion junk in.
I don't have a problem with them doing these one off games but I sure wish they would make the boxes a bit thinner, my shelf space is at a saturation point.

Yup! That's my big complaint, it's good to be an American.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to put both games into one box, by tossing the inserts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall isn't the box pretty much packed to the gills when it comes unpunched? How could they make it smaller?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:

It doesn't look like they will be doing expansions for this game just one off games,

HAR HAR HAR, if it makes money, they will come.
P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
jphien wrote:

It doesn't look like they will be doing expansions for this game just one off games,

HAR HAR HAR, if it makes money, they will come.
P

What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DrFace wrote:
If I recall isn't the box pretty much packed to the gills when it comes unpunched? How could they make it smaller?

Earth Reborn and Titan came with the lids lifted up from the box bottom by an inch or so. Once the punchboards were removed the lids set down all the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremey Byrne
Australia
Marcoola
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have a problem with it's size. I like the size, it looks huge! What can I say, I am easily impressed. I tossed my punchboards. I don't want the extra weight of those cards and if I do move the game about I will be careful of things flapping around but as it stands I had only a few Ziplocs to use and it is packed nice and tight anyway. I think it will pack down a bit better with a few separate Ziplocs when I get 'em. I don't own a lot of games yet. My opinion may change.

I really hope they do some expansions that add on to an existing set. I would love a new adventure book with a few well themed monster's to add and a few extra tiles and cards rather that buying another whole boxed game every time they release a D&D adventures product.

I guess they will release an expansion if they get to a point where the new standalones do not sell like hotcakes then they will probably go to the box that sold the most copies and make some. Otherwise I assume they will crank out box after box and just support the existing ones with free online adventures which combine the existing games. That seems fair enough I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, don't listen to the heathen! Keep these boxes HUGE!!!

The manual actually instructs you to put the used punch boards underneath the insert, so the insert goes to the top. I like it as is, since I know more games are coming out, and I'll eventually merge everything, put all tiles and bits in the CR box, all the little minis in the WoA box, all the big minis in the LoD box, etc.

I likes me large boxes! (can't believe I just said that)

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Has anyone tried to put both games into one box, by tossing the inserts?

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/626568/how-i-combined-ravenl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
DrFace wrote:

Earth Reborn and Titan came with the lids lifted up from the box bottom by an inch or so. Once the punchboards were removed the lids set down all the way.

That's actually a good idea. I'd be ok with that as it does take up a lot of space on the shelf. I didn't realize with Ravenloft till I tossed the punch boards exactly why they told you to put them under the insert. Duh. Oh well, I will be sure to do this with the game is coming in the mail as we speak!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.