United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've been around BGG for a while, you may remember this formerly most thumbed picture:

The pug's name was Rhett, and he passed away today. He was about 10 years old and was a really great dog.

I got a lot of great comments on this picture here, so I just felt like sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
fanaka66 wrote:
If you've been around BGG for a while, you may remember this formerly most thumbed picture:

The pug's name was Rhett, and he passed away today. He was about 10 years old and was a really great dog.

I got a lot of great comments on this picture here, so I just felt like sharing.

I hope it wasn't cirrhosis of the liver. Seriously, though, sorry to hear about your dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
cry Your thread title should be a country song. He was a cute pugger--is the breed traditionally so short-lived? cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man that is a bummer. Every time I run across that picture it makes me chuckle. On a positive note though, in a way, he and his tongue will live on forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:
cry Your thread title should be a country song. He was a cute pugger--is the breed traditionally so short-lived? cry

Yeah, pug's have lots of health issues, I think. When we moved in together, his breathing was so loud. After a while, though, I couldn't sleep without his snoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for your loss, he looked like a great doggy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Oliveira
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:

Yeah, pug's have lots of health issues, I think. When we moved in together, his breathing was so loud. After a while, though, I couldn't sleep without his snoring.

Its true, unfortunately. Pugs are wonderful dogs, but they have a very fragile respiratory system, and other important healthy disorders.

Sorry for the loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always tough losing a pet. We have two Shih-Tzu mixes. They are 10 years old and we bought them just a few weeks apart. So we've watched them "grow up" together. They are still very active and playful, but we know we could lose one or both of them soon. The vet said they probably have about 3 "good years" remaining, but you never know what could happen. I will certainly miss them when they are gone. But I think my wife will be inconsolable for quite awhile when they die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your pet.

I was driving in to work one morning years ago, and was listening to some talk radio. The DJ had just lost his dog and was asking people to call in about their favorite pets and what they meant to them etc.

Anyways, the show's time was almost up, and he takes one last call. The caller starts to relate his story.

Caller: Well one afternoon I was working on my car out front of my house, and I had left my front door open so my Dog could come and go as he pleased. He was trained not to run off, so it was no big deal. I was replacing a fuel pump on my car, so I had drained all the gas into a container on the drive way, and was under the car dissasembling the pump when I hear "lap lap lap lap" at first I couldn't figure out what it was, then I realise that my dog was drinking gasoline.

DJ: Oh no. what happened?

Caller: Well I get out from under the car as fast as I can to stop him, but by the time I got to him, he had already drank quite a lot. I called his name in strong voice and he looked up at me, and that's when he got this funny look in his eye. He then tore off into the house barking like mad, came back out, ran to the back yard, then back around to the front, barking non stop, and going at full speed. I couldn't even catch him. He ran back in the house, up the stairs, in and out of rooms and back down. I chased him back outside when he finally stopped and that's... that's when it happened

DJ: That's when your dog died?

Caller: NAh, damn thing just ran out of Gas!

For a topic that was a little down, it sure made the DJ laugh and myself as well. I think it brightened his day, and was a nice cap to the end of the program.
Hope it gave you a chuckle too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.