Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The last Video Game Geek Math Trade was back in August so I think we're due for another one.

Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/65123
Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/65125
Discussion Thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/627517

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

Key dates (all times are CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Monday, March 7th (10am) until Sunday, March 13th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Sunday, March 13th (10pm) until Tuesday, March 15th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted within an hour thereafter.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 Since this is intended to be primarily a video game Math Trade, for every 1 video game related item listed, you may list 1 non-videogame related item.PC Games, XBox, PS#, etc are all welcome.

d10-2 Gift certificates, Geekgold, and video game accessories are all permitted and are exempt from Rule #1 above.

d10-3 Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

d10-4 Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

d10-5 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

It is vital that everyone be quite specific about version, country of origin & language when listing entries.

Please do not use terms like "as pictured" and "players copy" to save time. Using those terms is fine, but NOT as a substitute for the rule above.

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

d10-6 Shipping policies must be clearly stated. If you are not covering full shipping, then you must state precisely how much of the shipping you will cover.

Any ambiguity shipping abroad will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

d10-7 Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

d10-8 If you've been reported to me as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries.

d10-9Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

d10-1d10-0If you feel the need to use them, please keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read. If you need to use a longer disclaimer, please include a link to it in each of your entries instead of copying the whole thing into each entry - thanks.

Other useful information

OLWLG Help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Thanks for reading to the bottom here - you may be in a minority.

Please enter lots of items and have some fun with this. Good luck!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, March 13th, 2011, 10:00 PM CDT
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, March 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM CDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Official Results Summary:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Most wanted Summary:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mostwanted.cgi?listid=6512...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reserved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please run another one of these at the end of Summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
PC Games, XBox, PS#, etc are all welcome.

Does etc include classic consoles? I've got some Genesis, Sega CD, and Dreamcast (good grief, is the Dreamcast a "classic" now? I'm old) stuff I'd be willing to put up, as well as some older Windows games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I drink your milkshake!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks aksosa, been waiting for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
VolcanoLotus wrote:
aksosa wrote:
PC Games, XBox, PS#, etc are all welcome.

Does etc include classic consoles? I've got some Genesis, Sega CD, and Dreamcast (good grief, is the Dreamcast a "classic" now? I'm old) stuff I'd be willing to put up, as well as some older Windows games.

Definitely. List away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for running this!

Would an iTunes gift certificate count as a videogame-related item? You could buy iOS games with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mymil wrote:

Would an iTunes gift certificate count as a videogame-related item? You could buy iOS games with it!

Actually, per the rules, gift cards (and geek gold) are exempt from any listing restrictions so you could list as many as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
By the way, the Trade list is offically open - so have at it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's get this thing going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoked about this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's a question, for those interested in PSP UMD games... I have a number I'm keen to trade... Better to clump in a group for better value, or stick to individual games listed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
Here's a question, for those interested in PSP UMD games... I have a number I'm keen to trade... Better to clump in a group for better value, or stick to individual games listed?

I was wondering the same for my PS2/Gamecube games. My conclusion was: If you have one or two "hot items" -- games that are still very highly in demand -- list them individually. The rest, bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Already a bunch of interesting things posted, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Winkler
United States
Lehi
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I listed something as Outside the Scope because the last time I listed it there was no database entry, but now I see it's been added. Is there a way to change my entry to reflect this? I tried just editing it, but I can't change the entry from a board game to a video game. I guess I could just list the original as removed and add it later in the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: what is generally accepted as a reasonable time frame for shipping out items for a math trade? Unfortunately I'm going to be out of the country next week so I wouldn't be able to ship until the week after that. I was thinking about listing my stuff with a shipping disclaimer, but if people think that's too long then I'll just wait for the next one.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
worshipsf wrote:
Quick question: what is generally accepted as a reasonable time frame for shipping out items for a math trade? Unfortunately I'm going to be out of the country next week so I wouldn't be able to ship until the week after that. I was thinking about listing my stuff with a shipping disclaimer, but if people think that's too long then I'll just wait for the next one.

Thanks in advance.

Listing your games with a shipping disclaimer is perfectly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
Mymil wrote:

Actually, per the rules, gift cards (and geek gold) are exempt from any listing restrictions so you could list as many as you want.
You're right, I didn't read #2 closely enough.

I've added a bunch of iTunes gift certificates, as well as GOG and Steam gifts, so be sure to go through all the items available for trade, not just the ones on your wantlist, folks! I'm not interested in newer games (since I don't have a computer that can run them), so they're small: $5-$20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
12 hours to go and we are 238 items. We've already surpassed the last VGG MT which ended up with 233 items. I wonder if we can make it to 250.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in a "like new" DJ Hero 2 with turntable and game for the PS3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Would anyone be interested in a "like new" DJ Hero 2 with turntable and game for the PS3?

Yes, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
wytefang wrote:

These days, I'm surprised Activision don't have the whole franchise in a math trade :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, that's it... give me a few minutes to set up the OLWLG.

Edit: Alright, that should do it. The OLWLG has been set-up. Remember that the deadline to submit wantlists is Tuesday night, 10pm Central Time. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.