United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the advanced game/rules the double cards are removed from the ritual deck and each player gets one as part of their starting hand. Hence there are no doubles in the deck....

This makes the doubles fairly distributed... but if they simply go into the discard pile with the other used ritual cards, they end getting shuffled in when the deck is exhausted and more cards are needed (we assume you do this if/when deck is exhausted, couldn't find or missed any rule on this). Now they are no longer evenly distributed to the players... and given the new deck in our case is smaller (due to folks with ritual cards still in hand) the next few folks who get a draw 4 ritual chance have a real good chance of drawing the doubles.

Should instead should we toss back in the box used doubles so they aren't reshuffled back in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
"Remove the 2 Scorpion cards plus the 5 Double cards from the Rite deck. Give one Double card to each player and return the rest to the box. The Rite card is added to the player's hand and may be used once whereafter it is out of the game."

thanks! missed it, was using rule translations and player aids and couldn't find details like this when I needed to hopefully I get to play again soon enough with the rules still in my head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.