Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pirate's Cove» Forums » Rules

Subject: Iron out this contradiction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Canipe
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Turn: 3. Combat: "Combat continues until one lone player ship remains on the island; or until all player ships have been either crippled or fled to Pirate's Cove." (And per Combat: Forced retreat, crippled ships immediately sail to Pirate's Cove.)

Combat: Order of Combat: "Throughout the Combat, Plunder and Upgrade phases, the fastest ship on an island always acts first."


If combat continues until one lone player remains at an island, how can two (or more) ships ever compete for first Plunder or first Upgrade? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one ship/player can take an action on any given area of the board; the exception being treasure island.

What lead you to think that more than one could?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Only one ship/player can take an action on any given area of the board; the exception being treasure island.

What lead you to think that more than one could?


I think you answered Chris' question. At Treasure Island and at Pirate's Cove there can be more than one ship upgrading.

PS. By the way, in Pirate's Cove, ties (e.g. two ships with the same speed) are resolved by rolling dice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Canipe
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Only one ship/player can take an action on any given area of the board; the exception being treasure island.

What lead you to think that more than one could?


The wording: "Throughout the Combat, Plunder and Upgrade phases, the fastest ship on an island always acts first." Combat makes sense and, per Joe's quote below, Upgrade makes sense at the two isles, but Plunder? Plundering should never have two ships acting. That's where the confusion arose.

manukajoe wrote:
I think you answered Chris' question. At Treasure Island and at Pirate's Cove there can be more than one ship upgrading.

PS. By the way, in Pirate's Cove, ties (e.g. two ships with the same speed) are resolved by rolling dice.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. I guess I didn't quite understand what was being asked, however it seems I also manage to answer the question

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
At Treasure Island and at Pirate's Cove there can be more than one ship upgrading.


Just to clarify: Only treasure chests and coins can be traded in at Treasure Island for victory points, and can be done by multiple players at that island simultaneously. No ship upgrades can happen there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
manukajoe wrote:
At Treasure Island and at Pirate's Cove there can be more than one ship upgrading.


Just to clarify: Only treasure chests and coins can be traded in at Treasure Island for victory points, and can be done by multiple players at that island simultaneously. No ship upgrades can happen there.


Actually, you can upgrade one section of your ship one level, at Treasure Island, for double cost.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
quixotequest wrote:
Just to clarify: Only treasure chests and coins can be traded in at Treasure Island for victory points, and can be done by multiple players at that island simultaneously. No ship upgrades can happen there.


Actually, you can upgrade one section of your ship one level, at Treasure Island, for double cost.


Thanks for the catch. Somehow we've missed that all this time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.