Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Blood Ties scenario - Keeper auto-win? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Ritzman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
My friends and I just played our third game/scenario of MoM, this time with the Blood Ties scenario (option 1B,2B,3B,4B,5A). From what we can tell, as long as the Keeper moves the initial zombie into the altar room and then reveals the objective, they can't be stopped.

What actually happened in our game was that the Keeper spawned additional zombies right off the bat, moved them all into the altar room, revealed the objective (1 point/zombie on the altar at the end of each turn, 6 points needed to win) and essentially auto-won (the altar room was locked... he got 4 points at the end of his current turn and would have gotten 4 more at the end of his next turn while we had no way to get into the room - not having the necessary key card). Even if he had only moved one zombie in there, it only takes 6 turns, maximum, to win.

Has anyone played this specific scenario and found a way around this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny West
msg tools
I just played this one today . As the keeper I tried a similar strategy, but I believe the second clue they find, 4A or 4B, places the other part of the ladder that leads into the cave. They found this and started to push back my zombies with the Elder Sign Amulet XP, but it was too late! Haha, but yeah, some scenarios I noticed only had one ladder initially; however, a clue later in the investigation should place the second ladder piece to move around. Hope I helped

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefen Roebke
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
don't lock cards get removed when the objective is revealed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jritzman wrote:
My friends and I just played our third game/scenario of MoM, this time with the Blood Ties scenario (option 1B,2B,3B,4B,5A). From what we can tell, as long as the Keeper moves the initial zombie into the altar room and then reveals the objective, they can't be stopped.

What actually happened in our game was that the Keeper spawned additional zombies right off the bat, moved them all into the altar room, revealed the objective (1 point/zombie on the altar at the end of each turn, 6 points needed to win) and essentially auto-won (the altar room was locked... he got 4 points at the end of his current turn and would have gotten 4 more at the end of his next turn while we had no way to get into the room - not having the necessary key card). Even if he had only moved one zombie in there, it only takes 6 turns, maximum, to win.

Has anyone played this specific scenario and found a way around this?

The objective is not revealed until the Investigators finish the clue path.

The Keeper KNOWS what it is, but doesn't REVEAL it until the 'end'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François St-Pierre
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

The objective is not revealed until the Investigators finish the clue path.

The Keeper KNOWS what it is, but doesn't REVEAL it until the 'end'.

This is not the case for every objectives. Some can be revealed anytime by the keeper, or when certain conditions are met.

In this case, it is revealed when the keeper wants to, or if players find one specific clue, whichever comes first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools

I have been thinking the same thing, that strategy sounds like an auto-win in this scenario. Has anyone found a way to counter it? If not, then i think the keeper should focus more on giving the players a good ride, since there isent any fun in winning the game in 2-6 turns with no way to counter it.

Just my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schlamiel wrote:

I have been thinking the same thing, that strategy sounds like an auto-win in this scenario. Has anyone found a way to counter it? If not, then i think the keeper should focus more on giving the players a good ride, since there isent any fun in winning the game in 2-6 turns with no way to counter it.

Just my two cents.

Did anybody write Corey and asked him for a solution? Because the game ( well that objective of that scenario) would clearly be broken that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can more than one zombie really fit on the altar? There was a related question about how many investigators can use one hiding place, to which Cory answered, "No, only one" - which is implied by the fact that you are supposed to PUT the investigator ON the hiding place chit which isn't big enough to fit more than one investigator...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.