Subject: Tiles Warping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Almost immediately after punching the room tiles out the started curling up at the corners. Anybody else have this problem? Also any possible solutions/fixes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
someday, one of these boardgame companies is going to realise that any board or tile made out of anything organic is going to be prone to warping. Wood, cardboard, whatever... it can and will all warp.

the solution may be a compressed styrofoam type product in place of cardboard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hall
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totally agree about the foam.

But, not only the boards - the cards started to bend/warp too. I thought I had a faint smell of mold in my box; like the smell that came with Duel in the Dark ... anyone heard about this? I'm always been a huge FFG fan - and I'm not disappointed about it - just surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There you go.... including solution at least for me.
Warping before my eyes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benji_online wrote:
There you go.... including solution at least for me.
Warping before my eyes

Good Idea! I think I will try and iron them as well. After spending that kind of money on a game you hate to see that kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawaiiirish wrote:

But, not only the boards - the cards started to bend/warp too. I thought I had a faint smell of mold in my box; like the smell that came with Duel in the Dark ... anyone heard about this? I'm always been a huge FFG fan - and I'm not disappointed about it - just surprised.

Yup. That flgs/mold smell starts to faintly get into your game area. yuk

Anyone who owns Doom: The Boardgame probably has stories about that one... (great game, but it smells like someone slaughtered a chicken into the inkvats prior to printing)

Back on topic. if you have room, just lay all the tiles out and press them flat with heavy books. hopefully, they'll aclimate to your part of the world and eventually go flat.

i'm gonna pick either MoM or Betrayal up today, not sure which one yet... but at least i know ahead of time to be ready for ye olde warping issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine delivered today (& took the rest of the day off)
everyting complete & in A1 condition.The Secret Passage Tile
was slightly warped (very slightly) so I put some books on the Tiles
& will leave them for a few days as I won't get to play until the weekend.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(funnier in person)
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
Hawaiiirish wrote:

Yup. That flgs/mold smell starts to faintly get into your game area. yuk

Anyone who owns Doom: The Boardgame probably has stories about that one... (great game, but it smells like someone slaughtered a chicken into the inkvats prior to printing)

Back on topic. if you have room, just lay all the tiles out and press them flat with heavy books. hopefully, they'll acclimate to your part of the world and eventually go flat.

i'm gonna pick either MoM or Betrayal up today, not sure which one yet... but at least i know ahead of time to be ready for ye olde warping issue.

Huh... I've always kinda liked that Doom smell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.