Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 1993 card set came with three cards for each pitcher number (e.g. pitcher card #1 has three cards). Two like identical and a third is different. How do you know which to use with each pitcher?

Plus, some of those cards have several (like 12) results listed for a particular roll? How do you use them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cieslinski
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
All the #1 pitchers cards should be the same. Each range of result numbers only has one line number and those are the play results you use depening on the situation. The situations are determined from the color coded key. Have you downloaded the Official Rulebook PDF at the In-depth link at designdepot.com?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure rather than type a thousand words. . .

My set has two of the card on the right (in case both teams have a #1 pitcher in the lineup, I assume) and then one of the card on the left. Every number has the same breakdown, two cards similar to one on the right, one similar to the one on the left.

I do have the newest rulebook, but it didn't explicitly say that each result is limited to one line of text, so I thought there was spill over when two many results were possible for range. I understand that there are blank, non-rollable lines on some cards now.

Help on which to use of these two options would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: You need to click through on the picture to read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cieslinski
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That is odd. I don't recall an error card for pitchers card #1. The card on the left is the correct pitcher card #1 with #116-499 strikeout numbers.

This could have been some error unique to the 1993 season card set because the same pitcher hitting cards have been issued for all subsequent player card sets.

The player cards are all templates so many times a result line may be blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused. Sorry! The card on the left doesn't have strikeout results for 116-499. In fact, the one on the left doesn't have strikeout results at all. Do you mean the card on the right with 136-449 strikeout?

I appreciate your help here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
He means the Pitcher #1 Card should read

116-499 Strikeout

The numbers from 000-115 are correct.

Ahhh, okay - are they all like that, because none of my pitcher cards have a huge strikeout range on the cards. And by "all" I mean Pitcher Card #1 through Pitcher Card #18...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, thanks for the help, both of you. I solo'd this today and really enjoyed it, but this pitcher issue is a thorn in my side right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really bizarre. I wonder if Design Depot can help me out in any way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cieslinski
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
From looking at the 1993 pitcher cards they do look unusual and there were obviously changes after the 1993 season because the pitcher cards do not have a year on them and they are all generic #1-#18.

Every season set comes with pitchers hitting cards and it looks like the pitcher cards that came with the 1993 season were different than all the subsequent generic pitcher hitting cards that followed each season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.